Apogee PDF RIP named pipe port installation

jun

hello everybody.
i'm having problem in installation of our pdf rip.i dont have idea how to create a new port for the rip.were using windows 2000 server sp4 and sherpa 44m originally epson stylus pro 9600.
any inputs will be highly appreciated.thanks in advance

Re: Apogee PDF RIP named pipe port installation

Start menu --> settings --> Printers

The printers list opens. From that window, select: File --> Server Properties

Select "ports" tab.

Select "Add Port" button

Enter the line below:

\\.\pipe\pdfip

You now have a new port. However, this only works if the PDF Rip has its named pipe input set to "pdfrip." I believe that is the default (what my old Series 3 RIP has at the moment, and I never changed it). If the named pipe is not correct, you will have to open the RIP Tuner and detect what the named pipe lists for a name and modify the line above.

From here you may create a printer using a PPD generated by the RIP and set its port to the new one you have created. That will direct anything printed to that printer, to the RIP itself.

Hi,

Has anybody had the same problem, when i try to create a new port in XP as the above instructions it will give me an error message:

"The system cannot find the file specified"

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back