Avantra 25 print problem

ophi

i use apogee pdf rip v 2 to connect avantra 25, connection is normal but when i send files, the monitor avantra only shows the files name and not start to create image, i try to clean the card and move the slot, the problem still happen.. any suggest for my problem n sorry my english isnt good thanks

What your log file on Rip is saying?

If you have a connection problem(communication problem) you shouldn't be able to be online with the machine.

I need more input!

RIP Say Printer is busy, but job only stay in 1%, i waited about 10 minutes untill i abort job, i check the machine by doing test page 4 dpi it's normal

I am not there so you have to be my eyes. There is no magic. We have to find the source of problem.

Let's take you through it step by step. Please answer the following questions:

Can I assume your engine in capable of generating internal exposure test with out using the RIP. right? I think you confirmed this part.

Have you tried any other files beside the one you are sending to Engine? What is the size of your file compared to the size of film? Did you check the size of your film? are you using the right engine profile?

Did you try to do something with Apis Cable, Apis board and/or computer(ie: Cleaning /removing the dust from your computer). I have seen this problem likely from Apis Cable, Apis board and/ or computer.

You have to be able to check them. Try another computer with the Apis board and the Cable. The easiest way is to send an image file from Unidiag Image file in Apis mode, If you do not want to go through hassle of installing the Rip on the new computer with the same hard capacity as yours.

Do you know any body who can give you an Apis board and cable to test? What are your access to spare parts? where are you located?

Let me know

OPHI,

Update me on your machine. I have all the necessary parts, but first you have to make sure your computer is ok. Are you in India? Where are you located?

Last edited:
I am not there so you have to be my eyes. There is no magic. We have to find the source of problem.

Let's take you through it step by step. Please answer the following questions:

Can I assume your engine in capable of generating internal exposure test with out using the RIP. right? I think you confirmed this part.

Have you tried any other files beside the one you are sending to Engine? What is the size of your file compared to the size of film? Did you check the size of your film? are you using the right engine profile?

Did you try to do something with Apis Cable, Apis board and/or computer(ie: Cleaning /removing the dust from your computer). I have seen this problem likely from Apis Cable, Apis board and/ or computer.

You have to be able to check them. Try another computer with the Apis board and the Cable. The easiest way is to send an image file from Unidiag Image file in Apis mode, If you do not want to go through hassle of installing the Rip on the new computer with the same hard capacity as yours.

Do you know any body who can give you an Apis board and cable to test? What are your access to spare parts? where are you located?

Let me know

OPHI,

Update me on your machine. I have all the necessary parts, but first you have to make sure your computer is ok. Are you in India? Where are you located?

I have just installed fresh windows advance server 2000 maybe I forgot one part,
if the cable, card or computer is definitely a problem of communication has failed,
but when I setting use agfaset communication its ok,
is it possible part of the machine that delivers a message from the Rip to the laser problem..
Im from indonesia
My machine Avantra 25 OLP thanks for share

I have just installed fresh windows advance server 2000 maybe I forgot one part,
if the cable, card or computer is definitely a problem of communication has failed,
but when I setting use agfaset communication its ok,
is it possible part of the machine that delivers a message from the Rip to the laser problem..
Im from indonesia
My machine Avantra 25 OLP thanks for share

So your computer was the source of problem, to be specific, the window had a problem , or I may say your agfa St had a problem, or you didn't generate a PPD. I am happy to hear finally your problem was solved.

I am not clear on 1 thing: Are you using apogee pdf rip v 2 to connect to avantra 25? How come you could install this on the windows server 2000? Are you using a Cracked dongle?

If you need anything please contact me at

[email protected]

Wish you all the best!

Last edited:
computer its server for my avantra since 2002, i have fresh installed because to many problems with os, i'm using the same os windows advance server 2000 before, and right now i have installed three times and the second i'm using windows server 2003 the problem still happen, i have generate PPD using Agfaset am I correct?

of course iam using dongle to run apogee pdf rip

the problem is not yet finished, but I have not tried to change the computer

is it possible machine had problems ?
can you explain the workings of the machine after receiving a file from the server rip
thanks...

computer its server for my avantra since 2002, i have fresh installed because to many problems with os, i'm using the same os windows advance server 2000 before, and right now i have installed three times and the second i'm using windows server 2003 the problem still happen, i have generate PPD using Agfaset am I correct?

of course iam using dongle to run apogee pdf rip

the problem is not yet finished, but I have not tried to change the computer

is it possible machine had problems ?
can you explain the workings of the machine after receiving a file from the server rip
thanks...

I do not understand what you are trying to say. Please clarify what kind of Rip and what version are you using? You told me you were OK with the machine before. Do you still have any kind of problem.

Please send me your e-mail address in order to provide you with the process of operation. [email protected]

I just sent you some information through E-mail.

Hope it will help!

Last edited:
Engineer

Engineer

You have to try first with another rip and Apis cable if it doesnt solve the problem its probably the DEC Board the ine that has to be changed...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back