agfa 30 boot problem

muhija

HI,
I have problem with agfa 30 :when I suitch it on it displays nothing but the spin motor
sounds as normal and caridge doesn't move at all.Please I need help if anyone can help.

HI,
I have problem with agfa 30 :when I suitch it on it displays nothing but the spin motor
sounds as normal and caridge doesn't move at all.Please I need help if anyone can help.

Hi,

Please confirm the followings:

1- Display turns on, but you do not see the firmware revisions(Text and numbers on it).
2- The spinner is on.
3- The carriage doesn't move.
Right?

I am not there. I need more information.

1- Turn the machine off!!!!
2- Standing in front and facing the machine, move the carriage all the way to the left hand side.
3- Close the covers and doors, turn the machine on , and wait for a while.
(DO NOT RUSH).
4- Open the right hand side door and cover.
5- Do you see the carriage moved to the right?(ie: All the way from left to right side)

If carriage moved all the way to the right, turn the machine off/on with doors and covers closed, turn , try to make the machine online. You do not see anything on the display, I assume, you have to remember the position of Online button on the display. You can check on your RIP, if the machine is online. Keep trying until you find the right button on the display. Now you can send your Job through RIP.

Keep me posted up to here!

Last edited:
agfa boot problem

agfa boot problem

HI,
Armya,

Thanks for your answer.And about your quetions:
1-The display turns on, it is lighting but firmware revisions are not displayed as you say.
2-The spinner is on as I said therefore I can hear it sounding.
3-I removed covers to observe the carriage but it doesn't move at all.
And I even tried to check the power supply with the multimetter,I found the output voltages
seem to be normal:+5v,+24v,+12v,-12v.
Now I did all you told me but there is no change,the problem is still the same.
I don't know what to do again.Please is there other help?

Thanks.

HI,
Armya,

Thanks for your answer.And about your quetions:
1-The display turns on, it is lighting but firmware revisions are not displayed as you say.
2-The spinner is on as I said therefore I can hear it sounding.
3-I removed covers to observe the carriage but it doesn't move at all.
And I even tried to check the power supply with the multimetter,I found the output voltages
seem to be normal:+5v,+24v,+12v,-12v.
Now I did all you told me but there is no change,the problem is still the same.
I don't know what to do again.Please is there other help?

Thanks.

Hi,

You have a series problem! There are series damages done to your electronics .

1- Replace the display (OCP). It is defective! You can try to program the FLASHROM(OCP.exe), but it wouldn't work. That is the first thing you have to do.
2- After the replacement, If OCP comes up and start showing the firmwares(TEXT and Numbers), but doesn't boot and finish the boot process, you need to tell me where the text and numbers stopped.

First thing first, before continuing with other parts of your system.
Do you have a OCP( Display)? Where are you located?

Let me know.

Regards,

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back