ApogeeX 3.5 - CMS docs

TP

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if anyone had any PDF docs on how to use the CMS feature of ApogeeX 3.5?

I have launched the program but as far as I can see there is no functionality to the feature. I would have expected to be able to print some colour targets to create a proofer profile with.

QMSX works fine.

Thanks,
C

Re: ApogeeX 3.5 - CMS docs

Hello,

Im interested in such docs as well - So far Im just playing with Adobe RGB 1998 profiles in normalizer and renderer, but still would like to explore the ability to apply proper color management to incoming PDFs with ICC profiles.
My AGFA rep says we have to upgrade to ApogeeX 4 to properly handle color management. Is that so?

-- R --

Re: ApogeeX 3.5 - CMS docs

PM me and I will send you an ApogeeX 3-3.5 PDF about color management.
Can't attach it here, it's too large (1.5 mb)

As I experienced, CMS is good to print targets and make a measurement file (I used it to profile my Epson 9800). But then, you have to create a profile from that measurement file using a Profile creator-Editor software (I use Agfa ColorTune Profile 4.2).
ColorTune Profile does the job with measurement files created by CMS (very flaky though, some targets you'll find in CMS are not supported by ColorTune Profile, go figure why.). Also, ColorTune Profile will only be able to edit profiles made by ColorTune such as the ones that are installed in ApogeeX. Forget about editing profiles you download from SWOP, GRACOL (let say you want to reduce TAC from 320% to 300% while preserving appearance), it won't work.
Hope this helps anyways.

Edited by: Colorblind on Mar 7, 2008 9:38 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back