Agfa Avantra 44 : Error 9 ???

gicbelgium

Hi guys,

I'm just come back from a client that as an Agfa Avantra 44.
When the Avantra finished the boot sequence, just after the carriage comes to his home position, I get the error 9.
I have the user guide and the service manual, the error 9 is not displayed inside.

In Belgium we don't have any service for old Agfa CtF and I don't find (google) any info about the error 9.

Anyone can describe the error 9 please?

OCP Parameter Out of Range
And you have the best AGFA Service technicians and Engineers in Mortsel, some of the were our trainers for Avantras worlwide.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Vlad :)

Agfa no longer provides any support or training on CTF in Belgium.
Maybe SAGAM that has the exclusive representative sales and support.
I have good knowledge about Avantra but I never seen this error before.
You're right I should be trained by an Agfa technician.
But I'm employed and I can't decide for my boss ;)

So I do what I can...

Last edited:

This is SAGAM (IGEPA) that has the exclusive representative for Belgium.
And they don't provide technical support and training for CTF material.
So... No support for AGFA CTF in Belgium except for their very good clients that will buy a new CTP.
For those companies CTF is obsolete and they have no time to lose with that.

Maybe you know someone that knows enough to give a good training?

As I mentioned, Please contact Wim C........ The support Engineer at Agfa Head Quarter in Belgium and ask for direct support . He will introduce people to you. If not. I will introduce you to the Engineers in France and Netherlands who will support you on your machine.

Maybe SAGAM that has the exclusive representative sales and support.
I have good knowledge about Avantra but I never seen this error before.
You're right I should be trained by an Agfa technician.
But I'm employed and I can't decide for my boss ;)

So I do what I can...

Hi, Send me an email with your contact information in Belgium.Please mention your Machine model and the serial number. I will send your information with my note to Technical Support Engineers at Agfa Head Quarter in Belgium.

My Email: [email protected]
1-416-706-5473

Hi,

I don´t believe your statement about the CTF support in Belgium.
You , as an independent engineer or company , are working outside the regular channels.
This means you are "competing" with Agfa and their official dealer.

Your customer should ask support from Agfa or the dealer. ( and pay for it , of course )
I am sure Agfa will not help you, the non-official engineer, in making money on servicing their equipment. They would be stupid to do so.

W3112

Hi,

I don´t believe your statement about the CTF support in Belgium.
You , as an independent engineer or company , are working outside the regular channels.
This means you are "competing" with Agfa and their official dealer.

Your customer should ask support from Agfa or the dealer. ( and pay for it , of course )
I am sure Agfa will not help you, the non-official engineer, in making money on servicing their equipment. They would be stupid to do so.

W3112

I do not know where you are from, but you are definitely from a close market and do not know the relationship between OEMs and Freelance Service Engineers. That isn't competing, that means supporting Agfa's Customers. You also shouldn't be using words like Stupid for our Trainers at Agfa or anybody else on this forum. However you can, but, frankly, I do not give a damn about your opinions.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back