Avantra 44 error 149

I started the Avantra 44 and I received an Error 149.
Any suggestions guys?? Big problem or little one? :confused:

Major problem with your Spinner. It turns, but stops after a few seconds.Spinner Problem or the DEC board. Can be fixed if you find the Right TECH.

I can hear it spool up then slows down

Exactly! Possible Dec Problem, but you have to make sure about spinner's operation first. Have you tried to download the Firmwares on DEC or Power problem(Fluctuation)? Do you live in Canada?

Last edited:
No I haven't, when I open the right panel on the Avantra I see a floppy disk in a metal tray. Is this the updates you are talking about?

Sorry. I live in South Florida....

No! you do not have the firmwares there. Open the left door. Try to turn the Spinner manually with your fingers. Is it free to turn? (TURN THE MACHINE OFF). Is it? YES.
Error 149 happens when you Turn the Machine ON. It happens during boot process, Isn't it? Order an Avantra DEC PCB USED= $3500~$3800+, but you will still need to upgrade the firmwares. Any local Service Engineer?.
I can fix your DEC problem for $1500 CAD. I will Ship you 2 Ics , you will install them on your DEC PCB. I will connect to your Computer Via Team viewer.com and will set up your DEC Parameters and Align your Machine. Satisfaction Guaranteed!

[email protected]

Remote Diagnostic and online Support.
An easy way to get help
You must have the following softwares and hardwares installed on the
Pc( RIP Station) and connected to your Machine:
- www.Skype.com
- www.Teamviewer.com
- Null Modem cable, Mic, Webcam

Call: +1-416-706-5473

Armyaservices1 on Skype

Last edited:
If you are in Florida, Miami, you should call Gary @ 954-254-5416. He is expert.
Good luck buddy

If you are in Florida, Miami, you should call Gary @ 954-254-5416. He is expert.
Good luck buddy

Agree! You should Call someone like Gary in Florida. He can check the Machine. He will start from Carriage board, Spinner to DEC PCB. He will download the firmwares to DEC. I hope your machine will start working, but if Gary offered you to buy a DEC Board, Contact me! I can fix it for you remotely as I mentioned.

Good Luck!

Thank you Armya

For all for your knowledgeable suggestions and contact! I will give your friend Gary a call. If he mentions that the DEC board needs to be replaced, I will PM you for sure.. I'm starting to think that this machine is a money pit... I invested 11,500 into the machine from a second hand imagesetter sales company and they basically dropped off the machine,. OLP a bunch of junk in boxes labeled spare parts. (noting that remotely looks like a DEC board or spinner motor) and said that they would be back in the morning to complete the install and from that point on they have gone missing!:mad:

I'm starting to think that they sold me a parts machine that the slapped together at the last minute and said "Here you go good buddy, an Avantra 44s as promised". Sorry for the ranting ;)

I did open the Left side of the AV44 and manually turned the metal back portion of the spinner motor (after removing the rubber sleeve) and it did not turn easily.

Is it supposed to turn easily "like it's gliding on air" or like "Ball bearings"

Thanks again!

Thank you Armya

For all for your knowledgeable suggestions and contact! I will give your friend Gary a call. If he mentions that the DEC board needs to be replaced, I will PM you for sure.. I'm starting to think that this machine is a money pit... I invested 11,500 into the machine from a second hand imagesetter sales company and they basically dropped off the machine,. OLP a bunch of junk in boxes labeled spare parts. (noting that remotely looks like a DEC board or spinner motor) and said that they would be back in the morning to complete the install and from that point on they have gone missing!:mad:

I'm starting to think that they sold me a parts machine that the slapped together at the last minute and said "Here you go good buddy, an Avantra 44s as promised". Sorry for the ranting ;)

I did open the Left side of the AV44 and manually turned the metal back portion of the spinner motor (after removing the rubber sleeve) and it did not turn easily.

Is it supposed to turn easily "like it's gliding on air" or like "Ball bearings"

Thanks again!

Dear Sir,

Did you turn it to your right or left side?
I am here to help and not to RIP you off. If you have made any mistake on buying a used machine that is fine now, Perhaps you had to take a Service Engineer with yourself, but it isn't late. If you have managed to reach the spinner without any help, then you will be able to fix it with my help.

Please note my contact information:

Kind Regards,

Kind Regards,

Farshad F. Shahrestani, E.I.T |Armya Inc
Toronto, Canada
C: 1-416-706-5473
Home
[email protected]

Profile: Farshad F. Shahrestani, E.I.T - Canada | LinkedIn

Last edited:
I turned it on the left side.

Is it supposed to spin very easily by hand?

It is suppose to turn on one side only and not the both sides. What cover did you remove? you only have to remove the Black, big metal one. You can also remove the cover behind the spinner and spray the encoder with a oil free contact cleaner. At anytime if you bypass the door white switch you will be able to operate the machine with open DOOR.
:eek:

If you call a service Tech you will be safer with your machine. Please understand that the machine worths much more than $12000 if you get it fixed. Let me know if you need anything!:)

Last edited:
HI Miami seps ... did you solve the problem already ?

I'm local in Miami more that 15 years experience in agfa systems if you still have any problem call me at my cell phone (305) 283-9662 Adrian Ramon Miami dade SW area
I can get you all spinneer decs etc...

HI Miami seps ... did you solve the problem already ?

I'm local in Miami more that 15 years experience in agfa systems if you still have any problem call me at my cell phone (305) 283-9662 Adrian Ramon Miami dade SW area
I can get you all spinneer decs etc...

Now you have choices . Adrian is willing to help you as well!

Last edited:
Wow Thanks Guys! I will let you guys know what I find out... I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's the last of my problems :)

Wow Thanks Guys! I will let you guys know what I find out... I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's the last of my problems :)

I am ride here in Toronto, Canada waiting for your response. I can Fly to US and get your machine fixed, but better call one of the local Engineers as I mentioned.

Let me know how can I be any help!:eek:

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back