Agfa Accuset800 wasting film

I have the Accuset 800 plus, on loading new film into cassette I press the 'load' button then 'enter' this tensions the rollers as described. The I press 'cut' then 'enter' this should run out 43cm of film for trimming. The thing is when I press 'cut' and then 'enter' it reels out, at speed, about 5 meters of film. I have reloaded the cassette and tried again but with no success...any ideas guys?

If I'm not mistaken, there's a preset value somewhere in the menu when you cut the film.

I have the Accuset 800 plus, on loading new film into cassette I press the 'load' button then 'enter' this tensions the rollers as described. The I press 'cut' then 'enter' this should run out 43cm of film for trimming. The thing is when I press 'cut' and then 'enter' it reels out, at speed, about 5 meters of film. I have reloaded the cassette and tried again but with no success...any ideas guys?

Are you a Service Tech?

Had similar problems with an Accuset 1000 and
1500. Fixed by replacing the potentiometers on
the tension rollers. They wear over time. Good
luck!

The potentiometers problem is quite visible: check the film movement during the imaging, if tensioner arms do not vibrate up and down - the problem is hidden at another place.
You can not replace the pots without a special adjustment procedure to get a voltage setpoint within the spec.
Supply and Take-Up motors could create the similar problem as well.
You need an expert on-site for the final verdict.

Last edited:
hi , have you tried another casstte , also check to make sure feed motor bracket springs back when push down by hand , also check the plastic bracket as have seen them break
i think there was a modification bracket if it is broken

cheers
dirk

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back