Agfa LP82 processor - wash temp low

RVNG

Hello Folks,

Got a processor stating wash temp is low - temp is supposed to be 40C but for some reason this day could only get up to about 31C.

The TS seems to work, the heater seems to work, but just cant get up to temp. I used the console to lock the TS at 41C to trick the processor to go into Ready state, plates seems fine… Is wash temp all that critical?

Is the heater clogged maybe? How would I clean that out, hoping someone has had a similar experience.

Thanks,
RG

Hi RG,

We used to have an LP82 and when that happened, it usually required either a replacement heating rod or temperature sensor for the wash tank. I don't recall the wash tank temperature being critical per say but for best results you want the temperature to be where it should be.

Best regards,
hp

Hi, some ideas (I've an LP82 too)

Option 1: cold temperature room...especially in during the winter, in the wash there's a mix of water and finisher, perhaps the water is too cold
Option 2: the heater is broken... the heater is a 2 module, 1 fast heating e 1 low heating for temperature maintenance, perhaps it's broken. If this occurs, check the float sensor, it may be broken too... it happens to me last month!

Bye

Gianni

Hi,
-Check whether the wash water circulation pump (M3) is activated.
-Check the wiring. Unplug and replug connectors to the Heaters Elements and Tempreture sensors.
-Check the wash water temperature sensor(TS2).Continuity Test.
-Check both wash tray level sensors (S8 and S9). Androdiag.
-Check both wash water heaters (R2 and R3).Continuity test.

Hope this will help!

Thanks for your comments all. The wash is running at about 30C, not quite the 40C it requires, but there is no issue with image quality thus far. I have used the AndroDiags to lock the temp to 25C just to get the processor to the ready state in the meantime.

Strangely, just over the past week the Developer slowly rises in temp as the day goes, and the cooler cannot keep it down to 22C. Again, I lock it to 22C just to keep going, no problem yet.

I wonder if there is any correlation between heaters/cooler of the DEV and WASH ? Seems strange that they would both be acting up near the same time.

Anyone care to comment on that?

Oh, forgot to mention, we have Concept 7 so we do not use any water.

Thanks,
Christian

Last edited:
Hi Christian,

You have Concept 7 so you Processor adding Finisher into water Vs Concept 6 which Developer added to the water.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back