How can I connect my Epson Stylus Pro 9600 to Print Drive

SIMON C

Hi,

I want to connect my Epson Stylus Pro 9600 to Print Drive instead of our old Agfa Sherpa 43? Bearing in mind the sherpa has 6 inks but the Epson has 7 inks.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Simon

Re: How can I connect my Epson Stylus Pro 9600 to Print Drive

Hi Simon,

You would probably need to contact Agfa about this. I am only saying this because we have the very latest version of PrintDrive and I do not see an Epson 9600 listed when adding a new proofing device. I do see the 9800.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

I have been thinking that if I could find out where the "Proofer Type" files reside the I could maybe modify one to take on a EPSON STYLUS PRO 9600 identity. Or if indeed anyone can find out where the files live, could you possibly send me just that file, that would be most excellent!!

Thanks in advance

Simon

Hi is very simple,

You put Ethernet EPSON etehrnet adapter in the Ploter if this not is present and conect to Lan, start the ploter, wen the plottre are reay, press samall buton back in the epson ethernet adapter.

This print the config of ethernet card, see ip adress.

Goto Printdrive,

Add one profer
select Sherpa 44M, and nex
input some name
input ip adress of epson ethernet card
aply
go to the tab MEDIA and define one 44 or 36 inch
go to seting and put NORMAL, 7 color, quality map 7CP in 360 or 720.
go to grafic and put same name icc profile of quality map

and enjoy

If Sherpa 44M not show in the proofer list you need install Upate E with hotfix for proofer or complete Update F for printdrive.

Best Regard

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back