Agfa Acento S doesn't upload form L-100 MAL Cassette

Hello All.

I would like you to help me with this issue.

I have an Agfa Acento S (Screen PT-R4300) which cannot upload the plate from the MAL unit.

The MAL removes the paper without problems, but when it tries to take the plate, the plate pad touch the plate, then it turn the vaccum off and the plate path returns to the home position and it shows the following error: "E036a: Auto-loader Error", and the detail is: "Air pressure in the plate pad does not go down after retry".

The pressure on the indicator box is 50 psi at starting, but then it descend to 30 psi, the plate path goes down, then it touch the plate and turn the vaccum off, the plate path returns to the home position and the CTP shows the error.

I performed the tests of the Plate Path and all the zones work right on tests, but when I try to load the plate using the "User Maintenance Option/ Auto Load", when the plate path touch the plate, the Zone 1 don't have air pressure, I wonder if it is normal.

I wonder if someone has the L-100 MAL manual or if someone knows how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Tony Blanco

Hello All.

I would like you to help me with this issue.

I have an Agfa Acento S (Screen PT-R4300) which cannot upload the plate from the MAL unit.

The MAL removes the paper without problems, but when it tries to take the plate, the plate pad touch the plate, then it turn the vaccum off and the plate path returns to the home position and it shows the following error: "E036a: Auto-loader Error", and the detail is: "Air pressure in the plate pad does not go down after retry".

The pressure on the indicator box is 50 psi at starting, but then it descend to 30 psi, the plate path goes down, then it touch the plate and turn the vaccum off, the plate path returns to the home position and the CTP shows the error.

I performed the tests of the Plate Path and all the zones work right on tests, but when I try to load the plate using the "User Maintenance Option/ Auto Load", when the plate path touch the plate, the Zone 1 don't have air pressure, I wonder if it is normal.

I wonder if someone has the L-100 MAL manual or if someone knows how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Tony Blanco

Reduce the amount of plates in the Autoloader. Does it work now?

Thanks Farshad for answering, it happens even if I use one plate. I suspect the vaccum unit doesn't reach the necessary amount of pressure, but I am not sure, because I don't know what is the amount of pressure that the vaccum has got to reach, I wonder if someone knows about. I'm going exchange it today because I have this Agfa Acento (PT-R 4300) and a PT-R 8600, I think both units are equal.

If someone has any manual about the MAL unit that can send me, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Tony Blanco

This video describes the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Tony Blanco

Mr. Blanco,

Read, understand and follow the adjustment procedure below:

Countermeasure for plate suction error and the history behind suction error in 50 Hz areas (Common) or 60HZ area(rarely):
·Description
The suction pressure, using a 50 Hz power supply, is approximately 4 KPS lower than
that of a 60 Hz power supply under certain conditions that are described later. Due to this (in some cases),
if the H-1 value of the vacuum switch remains the same as the factory setting value when operating the
machine, a plate suction error may occur. Remedy: please reset the threshold value (H-1)
In the 60 Hz areas, please follow the same procedures when the error occurs.
Here is a brief description of the plate suction sequence. For the first stage of plate suction, a plate is
only secured on both edges by the plate pads in order to prevent multiple-plate-pickup.
When checking the pressure, zone 4 (the outermost pads) of the interleaf pad unit is opened to lower
the pressure. O
there wise, even if only the plate pads on both edges are opened without a plate, the pressure exceeds
the threshold value (H-1).If the pressure check turns out to be OK, zone 4 of the interleaf pad unit closes.
Next, the plate pads on both edges raise the plate slightly and lower again. This time, the plate is secured by the inner side pads. Then the shuffling operation starts. When checking the pressure only with the pads on both edges as described above, air is leaked during the check. With the air leakage operation,
the difference between 60 Hz and 50 Hz is quite large compared with the case when air is not leaked.
(The pressure when using 50 Hz is 4KPS lower than using 60 Hz with this condition.)
In previous screen evaluations, only the pressure measured without air leakage was focused on and the
difference between 60 Hz and 50 Hz turned out to be no more than 1.5KPS.
As a result, Screen R &D assumed that the resetting of the H-1 value was un
necessary. However, They later received on-site trouble reports (from FF of 50 Hz areas in overseas)
and eventually got the same results by retesting as described above.

Adjustment procedures
1.Enter the actuator test screen from the service maintenance screen and turn ON Plate pad valve Z1
and the vacuum pump that can also be set in the actuator test screen.
Record the sensor displayed value (regard as “a”) when nothing is secured by suction.
Turn OFF the pump and then turn OFF the valve.
2.In the actuator test screen, turn ON one of the Plate pad valves from Z2 to 4, turn ON the Paper pad
valve Z4 and turn ON the vacuum pump.
Record the sensor displayed value (regard as “b”) when a plate is secured by suction.
Turn OFF the pump and then turn OFF the valve.
* The Plate pad valve that is to be turned ON from Z2 to 4 depends on the plate size that is to be
used for the test. For the plate size, refer to the following:
When the plate width (mm) is:
464 or more, but less than 600: Z2
600 or more, but less than 740: Z3
740 or more, but less than 830: Z4
3.When “b” is 80 or more, “c” = 80.
When “b” is less than 80, “c” = “b”.
Set the intermediate value of “c” and “a” to H-1 of the pressure sensor.
4.Perform loading normally and check the operation.
It is not necessary to change the setting value for interleaf suction.

Hope this will help!

Attachments

• Plate sequesnce.jpg
    Plate sequesnce.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Thanks Farshad.

Finally I fixed the problem performing this procedure and changing the H-1 value from 71 (original value) to 53 and the plate path starts to load the plates. I think it's possible ( I'm not sure) the vacuum pump lost some amount of pressure for the lifetime, and it was necessary to reconfigurate the value of H-1, but it's a supposition, but considering the amount of Hz of the pressure transducer is which sends the signal to the board, it's possible that a vacuum pump lost of pressure could affect the value of the H-1 valve. This document was the one that provided me the information to fix this problem.

Thanks a lot for everything.

Tony Blanco

Tony, The Vacuum Pump might have problem, but we are unsure at this point. So let it work as it is, but watch out for any performance changes and possible replacement. The Air might be leaking in the hoses as well which you might consider to look into. The humidity, room temperature and atmospheric pressure will effect the vacuum pump's performance.Maintain the room temperature on 18 to 26 degrees Celsius(Optimum 18)and Humidity on 40% to 70% (optimum 55%).

All the best from Toronto, Canada.

Farshad

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back