Accuset 800 Plus intermittent imaging

tensor

Hi
I have an Accuset 800 Plus which intermittently stops imaging resulting in clear bands across the width of the negs. When it started it only did it once in a few A3 negs, now it does it more times than not. I have jiggled all the connections to the board if it is a loose connection but without success. I thought it was initially a communication problem between the Accuset and the RIP but I have been able to get the gaps to appear on the internal test pages.

I don't want to spend any money on it as I am only going to use it for a couple more months as the printer I was doing film for picked up a Fuji-Xerox A2 platesetter including developer, RIP, dongle etc for $2000 at a liquidation auction. The economy sucks here in Australia unless your in mining.

So if anybody has heard of this it would be helpful.

Thanks
Greg

Tensor,

When you get the gaps in your output, do you get an error displayed on the Accuset control panel? Do you get the complete image of the job, but the length of page is longer due to the gaps? If you get no errors, and the complete job, problem is
IEC board, or capstan roller encoder.

STSTech

Hi
I get no errors displayed and the length of the job is correct except there are gaps as if the laser turns off while the capstan keeps turning.
I decided to take off all the panels and unplug and replug any wiring looms I could find. I then tried a few jobs and it imaged 12 A3 pages without a problem. Hopefully I've fixed it but intermittent problems have a habit of coming back just when you're sure their gone for good.
Greg

Greg,

One thing that is very important with all Accusets is that both exhaust fans are working, and the filters are clean. Lack of air will cause IEC to heat up and many strange things can happen.

STSTech

Keep Room temperature at 18~25 degrees and humidity 55%, if not keep some of the panels open with an external fan blowing directly to the machine. At least you can do this for summer. This worked for many Accusets machines with the similar problem.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back