> Error 154 Diag to DSP Handshake Failed, after that become many errors
> codes.
>
> I try to fix it with AVDIAG RELOADING DSP FlashROM but now in the boot
> just before the DSP test appears FF.FF.FF then error 140 DSP H/W HandShake
> Error.
>
> Can you help me to restore the DSP FlashROM or do you think is a hardware
> problem with the DEC or something else?

Luis,

With a 140 error and FF.FF.FF. appear on boot up for DSP, you have a big problem. Some of the causes could be:
1. Bad DSP software
2. Software not loaded correctly
3. Corrupt AVDIAG
4. Bad Dec board

When reloading DSP flashrom, with AVDIAG, the first thing that happens is it clears flash rom, and then loads DSP and correction
tables. It takes about 2 minutes. Is that what happens to you or do you get an error?

The FF.FF.FF. that appears on boot up is telling me that the software was never loaded.

STSTech

I have problem with AGFA Avantra 44S
>
> codes.
>
> Error.
>

Thank you STSTech, do you think is possible to reload the DSP software?, where I can get it?. Can I saved from other working AV44 and downloading to the bad one?. What do yo think about the first error 154 is possible the DEC was already bad?

I have problem with AGFA Avantra 44S
>
> codes.
>
> Error.
>

You are in an area which is very specialized. I have seen most problems with DEC board due to the firmwares corruption, carrying out wrong download procedure...., but unfortunately not many Service Engineers know how to save the DEC and rather to order a new PCB at their equipment owner's cost. This isn't an easy procedure to follow on one page, but no doubt, the DEC PCB can be recovered.

Last edited:
Ok Armya, can I send you the DEC so you can try to fix it, do you know the cost aproximately.

No you can't! How about if I send you a couple of ICs and teach you how to recover the DEC remotly. This way you will learn how to do this next time and can help others not to go through extra cost of buying a DEC Pcb; but there is a catch. You will have to tell me honestly where the problem started in first place. Did you try to download the firmwares? What was the original problem?

Contact me: [email protected]

Last edited:
No you can't! How about if I send you a couple of ICs and teach you how to recover the DEC remotly. This way you will learn how to do this next time and can help others not to go through extra cost of buying a DEC Pcb; but there is a catch. You will have to tell me honestly where the problem started in first place. Did you try to download the firmwares? What was the original problem?

Thank you I like your proposal, honestly the problem started with 154 Error DSP Handshake failed, that´s why I try to downloading the DSP FlashROM with AVDIAG I´m not a expert engineer but I know how to use AVDIAG and I know is not a playing game. I fix Avantras here in my city Guadalajara, Mexico, from other problems like spinner motors, SMD boards, OLP processor problems, even one time I repair a DEC board with comunications problems with the rip (I exchange the IC´s of serial comunication RS232). I use many times AVDIAG for diagnostic but never to save or download parameters I know that part of this software is very very delicated.
Best Regard, Luis

Thank you I like your proposal, honestly the problem started with 154 Error DSP Handshake failed, that´s why I try to downloading the DSP FlashROM with AVDIAG I´m not a expert engineer but I know how to use AVDIAG and I know is not a playing game. I fix Avantras here in my city Guadalajara, Mexico, from other problems like spinner motors, SMD boards, OLP processor problems, even one time I repair a DEC board with comunications problems with the rip (I exchange the IC´s of serial comunication RS232). I use many times AVDIAG for diagnostic but never to save or download parameters I know that part of this software is very very delicated.
Best Regard, Luis

Check your e-mail.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back