Agfa LP68 Ultra processor stays on wait.

TM Printing

Registered Users
Hi Guys,

I have a Agfa LP68 Ultra processor, all sections are heating up but it won't go into sequence. It stays on wait. it as if its waiting for sections to heat up to correct temperature but when we check they are all fine.

That's not 100% reliable diagnostics.
AndroDiag service software created exactly for the last generation of Glunz&Jensen processors (film and plate).

Hi Guys,

I have a Agfa LP68 Ultra processor, all sections are heating up but it won't go into sequence. It stays on wait. it as if its waiting for sections to heat up to correct temperature but when we check they are all fine.

Looking at the display, How many dots do you see next to WAIT...
1,2 or 3 dots(...)?

Last edited:
There is only 1 dot, the rollers are still moving as if there is a plate going through, but as I was saying the sections are heating up but it will not go into sequence

There is only 1 dot, the rollers are still moving as if there is a plate going through, but as I was saying the sections are heating up but it will not go into sequence

First possibility: Is there any plate at the input? I guess not, then input sensor/ sensors(1 or more ) is on and stays on. It detects plate at all the time; although, there is not any plate there. While doing that machine stays on wait mode waiting for the plate, which physically do not exist, to exit the processor. Normally, with no plate at input the sensors have to stay off.
Do you have the Androdiag? I guess not. It is an important processor diagnostic software which can be used for most Agfa Processors.
What I suggest is to disconnect each sensor's wires one at the time and turn the machine on after to see if the machine will go to the ready mode. This way you will manage to find the defective sensor. Not the best way, I would call it the hard way of finding the problem area without the diagnostic tools. There are ways to run the machine with 2 or even one input sensor while bypassing the faulty one. Using a Voltmeter to check the voltages on the sensors's wires can help. When sensors are OFF, you will have to measure 0V at the sensors. If you measure ~ +5V, then that sensor is defective. Which can be disconnected and bypassed from the system permanently. After finding the sensor, you will have to be creative and making sure whenever a plate enters the processor, at least one sensor will be covered by plate and will be turned on.This requier displacement of the sensors. In any case, the faulty sensor can be replaced by a good one and there will be no need for bypassing method mentioned earlier.
If you tried all the input sensors without any problem, you can consider and apply the same method to the exit sensors. One or more could be on and detects plate existing the processor constantly.
Understand, I am away from your machine with you in Ireland and I, in Canada, but this could be the first possibility and the remedy. Let me know your findings and hope this will help to resolve the issue.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back