AGFA LP 82 Ultra Optimum serbia buying a CTP

OPTIMUM

Dear friends,
I am from Serbia and AGFA LP 82 Ultra is offered to me. Saler offer me machine in good condition for a 4.000,00 EUR. Machine is unknown age,
Machine is in working condition,
Machine do not have any mistakes or bad parts,

My company will buy that machine because until now we make graphic films and later make the plates with light in our studio. We wonder to know what will be the financial effect when we switch to CTP. Can this machine make plates for B1 size? Is there someone who will help us to make decision or give us some advice. It will be helpful if some of you have good/bad experience. Thank you very much and you are so welcome on Paper World on our stand in hall 3.1 A-76.
Optimum team

Attachments

• invitation paperworld 2013.pdf
    89.5 KB · Views: 258
Do you already have a violet platesetter to expose plates for the LP82 ? Think twice, look around for other plate types. The LP82 has a number of drawbacks -
- ancient technology
- one of the most complicated, overengineered plate processor I've ever seen
- a pain for cleaning and maintenance
The Agfa Ultra LAP-V silver plates are considerably more expensive compared to thermal and violet photopolymer plates, the associated chemistry is also expensive, you will have to depend on one supplier only. Considering the amount of service and support required for an old LP82 plus the associated platesetter and the plates pricing and delivery terms, you will consider a marriage with your local Agfa dealer. I am talking from experience.

Yes, you will be a fish on AGFA's "silver hook".
DO NOT start CTP transition of your company from outdated technology.
LAP silver-halyde plates - it's time to go out the market!
Listen to maxon!
Look at processless and chem-free technologies.

P.S. There is nothing personal against the Company, they have a lot of other plates with better and modern solutions, especially for violet LEDs CTP.

Last edited:
If you are shifting to plate Technology and CTP, consider Violet Polymer or Thermal CTPs and not the Violet Silver Halide(LAP-V) type Technology as the cost of the operation(Plates, Chemistries, Maintenance and...) will be high and you will be hooked to one supplier only. Agree with Vlad and Maxon's comments.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back