ApogeeX training

Re: ApogeeX training

Hi Colorblind:

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I am new to this forum and did not realize I had replies.
My email address is: [email protected]

A copy of the pdf you mentioned is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you 2ndShiftP

I have been to the AGFA site and checked out the demos.

Thanks

Thanks for the PDF and the links everyone. Not sure how the AGFA training is overseas but I found both of these to be extremely helpful in my understanding of the ApogeeX system, especially jumping straight in with no previous experience!!! I have also signed up to the ApogeeX forum which is proving extremely useful as well. Cheers, Tony :)

I own a small printing company in SC. We are currently struggling as the depth person resigned in that department about 6 weeks ago and the second in command so to speak was hospitalized on sunday. He will be out for at least another week. We were using print drive to produce a ppd for the press but now nobody is sure how to produce that file. we are really struggling. When we try to bypass the cassett with a duplicator plate we get an error. We can't figure out how to to do a proper impo in order to back up a form. Can you direct me to some form of on line help? I noticed you had a pdf for apogee x. anything would be helpful. Thanks for your help.

If you have a support contract you can call 1-800-try-agfa for help.

Actually, you can call that number without a support contract, you'll need a credit card though. They can help you out with most any PrintDrive question quickly.

I would strongly reccomend trying to get on the ApogegUserGroupForum mailing list, it is great except just now being spammed with out of office replies ;P

Contact your Agfa rep to get yourself signed on.

Considering Apogee X Upgrading

Considering Apogee X Upgrading

We are currently using an AGFA Viper Rip 3.04 with an Avantra 30 OLP/Selectset and the Directors are considering upgrading the system. We use Macs with OS 9 and are recently having very new problems with the artworks coming in at the press. Main errors are "Enlarge Flush Policy" and "Postscript Error"...

For example,with simple 2 col PDFs, (we learnt have been created with Acrobat 7) upon sending for seperation we get results with one blank film and one rightly done film. As we have OS 9 we can send only through Acrobat 5. We think that this is one of our main issues. We have a third mac that we are considering to try to upgrade to OS X and will be doing it in the coming days. We will then try to send separations through that mac and see if we get any positive results.

Can anyone suggest to me if this is a good start or makes any sense? We are also considering investing in a new Pc so that we can at least open the files we recieve with new version software.

For Imposition we use "Inposition" through Quark.

Regarding the Apogee X software, does anyone suggest it as a good alternative instead of our current workflow as the Directors are considering this option at the moment.

I would really appreciate any suggestions regarding what steps i should take to upgrade the workflow without having to completely halt the current system, as we cannot afford to have any breakdowns or system conflicts because of production ques.

Thank you for your time :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back