:Apogee Prepress??

tony_mclachlan

Hi all,

Have any of you seen the Drupa releases from AGFA advertising :Apogee Prepress? Just wondering if anyone has any extra info on this release and whether this is going to replace the current ApogeeX platform? If so I hope we qualify for a free upgrade under our current agreement!! Only installed X4.0 in September last year, would hate to think we are going to be out of date already!!

Cheers, Tony

Re: :Apogee Prepress??

Yes, Apogee Prepress is basically renamed ApogeeX. Drupa version will be 5.0. As for the free upgrade, I guess it all depends on the actual wording used in the contract...

Agfa has committed to at least one major version "x".0 release per year.
So expect Apogee Prepress (version 5.0) to be shipping by the fall.
This is the latest way to improve the revenue stream.

Thanks for the replies everyone!! Yea I will have to check into our agreement again to see if we are eligible... I have the feeling that we signed up for some sort of included software upgrades over the next 12 months so see how we go. Anyway, anyone going to DRUPA and checking this version out?? Interested to see if it offers any new features or if its just a new name/marketing ploy... Cheers, Tony

> {quote:title=tony_mclachlan wrote:}{quote}
> Anyway, anyone going to DRUPA and checking this version out??

I am planning on seeing the new version at GraphExpo in Chicago later this year. Anyone else going to GraphExpo?

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back