ApogeeX 3.5 to 4.0 Upgrade time poll

neotrog

There's been plenty of banter about the ApogeeX 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade. All I have to say is, "Yawn...."

However, there's one thing I'd like to poll people about who've had the upgrade done.

How long did it take. Agfa tech said 3 hours. Looking at what he had to do I'm not sure what on earth made him think that. If it's like most situations, he knew better but 3 hours is the company line.

Our experience;

Tech was on site 18 hours. We were down for two chunks of 2 and 7 hours for a total of 9.

One other footnote to the upgrade. 4.0 seems to look at pages 90º out of rotation from where it did in 3.5. That alone effectively disabled us for another 5 hours while I massaged the hot tickets and retrained the artists.

Re: ApogeeX 3.5 to 4.0 Upgrade time poll

Yes ours took longer than three hours, probably more like six. Haven't had any rotation problems.

David
Vancouver, B.C., Canada

Still not sure if the rotation was a change in 4.0 or an upgrade snafu. The rotation thing turned out to be an Output Parameter Quirk. When you specify "emulte Drum Device", the output task processor will issue an error if the width is greater than the height of the page. It's actually not even quite as simple as that but basically by changing the emulation from drum to capstan things went back to working the way they were. Waaaayyyyy to many places to rotate a page in ApogeeX!!!

Did my 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade yesterday and it took about 9 hours. Something with the SQL database upgrade. But everything seems to work great so far and the overall speed gain is huge.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back