Avantra 25 film output problem

none

Hi, I have am outputting film on my Avantra 25, the film comes out as either just a black square or it tries to image the file but only prints parts of the image. My serviceman says it is the motor control board. I took the board out and sent it it out for service and they tell me it is fine. Is there anything else it could be. The machine worked alright after taking the board out and putting it back in, then went back to not imaging the entire image on the film. Any ideas out there and are there any othe sites out there that might be of help?
Thanks None.(Paul)

Hi, I have am outputting film on my Avantra 25, the film comes out as either just a black square or it tries to image the file but only prints parts of the image. My serviceman says it is the motor control board. I took the board out and sent it it out for service and they tell me it is fine. Is there anything else it could be. The machine worked alright after taking the board out and putting it back in, then went back to not imaging the entire image on the film. Any ideas out there and are there any othe sites out there that might be of help?
Thanks None.(Paul)

Paul,

You will need to answer some questions;
1- Was the pcb on top of the Carriage sent for repair or the DEC board (big board) in the Electronic Enclosure?
2- Have you tried to sent a file from machine internal test page ( Exposure test page)? What was the result?
3- Can you post a picture of the film?. Is it Black or white with no image on it?

Last edited:
Farshad,also it is the DEC board to witch I was referring too. Just this morning I ran out another file and it came out fine(twice), The only thing I did was to unplug all the cables that are attached to the board and re-plug them. Any toughs on this.

Attachments

• Image 1.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 210
Farshad,also it is the DEC board to witch I was referring too. Just this morning I ran out another file and it came out fine(twice), The only thing I did was to unplug all the cables that are attached to the board and re-plug them. Any toughs on this.
This could be the result of failure in operation of SGM or the DEC board. I suspect the DEC board.I assume you will have the same result with exposure test page as well. No matter what your PCB repair Tech claimed, I believe troubleshooting of a DEC board is very hard and he will need to test the DEC on another machine.
Try this:Use a small fan to cool the DEC down. Remove the Dec cover and apply direct air using a small fan. The second option is to test the DEC pcb on another machine. It could be the result of intermittent failure of one or more electronic ICs on the DEC board .

Hope this help!

Last edited:
What are the IC's? Also, went back to doing same type of film output. I have added two more pictures. Many thanks for your interest.

Opps, here are the pictures.

Attachments

• image 2.pdf
    76.8 KB · Views: 231
  • image 3.pdf
    66 KB · Views: 223
Opps, here are the pictures.

As I mentioned, you will need to make sure the machine 's internal test page will give you the same result. Have you done that? When you imaged the sample attached films was the Dec board's cover open? How about the right door?
By pass the right door's interlock by inserting an object inside and uncover the Dec pcb by removing the metal cover.
Boot the engine and image a machine internal test page.if the image is o.k after few test pages, then try sending a file from Rip.
You will need to make sure 100% the Dec is responsible for this. The easiest approach is to take the Dec board to test on another machine or vice versa . If the owner let you do that.
It could also be an issue of cables. It is yours to discover. Enjoy it. Let me know if I can be any help.
Contact me directly : [email protected].

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back