Accuset 1000 media motor error

ChrisZ

Hello.

I got error message as follows when I expose from PDF rip. 2 different computers, I'm sure they are OK.

When I expose internal test no problems.
Brusches cleaned from menu, rollers, media path too.
Supply motor swapped with other one.

Any ideas what else can I do?
Thanks, Chris

Media motor errors a very common with the Accuset and can be caused by several things. you need to check the following. Supply cassette loaded correctly, take-up cassette could be bad, tensioner needs to be checked, supply hinge could be broke, bad take-up servo, incorrect parameter, bad IEC, or a bad take-up roller.

STSTech

Additionally, the media motors work a little differently when imaging from PDF RIP. If internal test page images okay and no errors are seen during initial turn on boot sequence, then motors are probably okay. During imaging from RIP, the motors are periodically set to back up the film as there was a pause in data from the RIP and the Accuset moved the film a little too far. Reversing the motors is a function of the main board (IEC bd) as it must switch polarity of the DC voltage going to the motors. If the main board attempts to reverse the motors and doesn't "see" responses from the motor's encoders then an error will result. Do you have a spare main board?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back