Avantra 25 Driver issues

ErickCasta

I just bought a new computer for my prepress team and it is connected to my rip (windows 2000 server) trough network. the problem that I have is that I need a driver to conect from my new computer to my rip avantra 25. And I cant find it!!
Please I really need to get my avantra 25 back to work and start printing ASAP. BTW my last computer is now broken.

Last edited:
Hi ErickCasta,
Depending on the type of RIP you are using and your actual workflow you could use a generic PPD as listed above. Loading a PPD is part of the issue, but you may also need instructions on how to configure the input/printer on your RIP as well as on the design computer. This would depend on the type of RIP you are using as mentioned by Digital-sys, but it would also depend on how you are sending files to your RIP (spoolfolder, directly printing to the RIP, etc.) and what operating systems are being used. If you are using a Harlequin RIP, we sell a Printer Setup Package that gives users a set of instructions for adding a new printer on the RIP computer as well as adding a new printer on your Windows or Macintosh design computers. This package is included with all of our latest RTI Harlequin RIP-Kits, but we also sell the package separately. This Printer Setup Package includes our latest PPD and INF files which are used to load the latest RTI Harlequin RIP-Kit PPD. The PPD is universal and can be used with any imagesetters, platesetters, proofers, direct to screen units and more. If you would like to find out more about this package you can visit our support page:
http://rti-rips.com/Support.html

I was cleaning up my documents file and found a folder of Agfa PPDs, including ones for the Avantra. I have attached it in hopes it can help you.

Attachments

• AGFA PPDs.zip
    412.3 KB · Views: 377
Before ErickCasta is not responding about what RIP Software he is using, our reply can't really help.

PPD are not the problem because if he uses an Agfa RIP like Taipan or Apogee PDF, we can easily generate it with Agfaset.

And it is better to generate a custom PPD file including specific EDF options than he wants to use.

I took the opportunity to ask a question : How to connect a shared printer driver hosted by a Win NT server or Windows 2000 server to Win 7 or Win 8 ?
I remember that Win 7 does not accept to connect to a printer with this kind of old driver.

Thank you Digital-sys for the reminder that one can create custom PPD files - been a long time since I had an apogee rip and I forgot that. I do remember now that when I tried, when experimenting, to change the PDF attributes too many times while fine tuning that they would not hold and had to start from scratch.

Thank you Digital-sys for the reminder that one can create custom PPD files - been a long time since I had an apogee rip and I forgot that. I do remember now that when I tried, when experimenting, to change the PDF attributes too many times while fine tuning that they would not hold and had to start from scratch.

You're welcome Bill W :)

thanks, so much for all your responses. I managed to change the system of my last computer to the new one. So problem solved sorry for not responding earlier.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back