APIS driver for Avantra 44

neotrog

We're trying to limp along our Avantra44 and ApogeePDFRip for another year or two by getting it onto better hardware with a more current OS ( note MORE ). The APIS driver that installs with the RIP doesn't like Windows XPP. Anyone ever tried this? Come up with an insight or work around? I know the RIP will run under XPP as we did it once in an emergency when our primary NT RIP hardware went down. Difference was that we were simply using it for TIFF out, no APIS involved.

Re: APIS driver for Avantra 44

Agfa Apogee PDF Rip only support Microsoft Server based application like windows NT, 2000 and 2003 server, you can use rip pilot on xp but you can not run entire RIP on it to connect with Avantra44. thats why windows XP could not look up APIS driver.

AGFA PAC Driver problem

AGFA PAC Driver problem

Hello

I using Avantra-25S, workflow is APOGEE v1 and workstation Windows NT4.0. Now Avantra-25S not connected to AGFA APIS card. Error massage on Event viewer: "AGFA PAC Driver issued a reset to the MCU. The reset has failed". Please, help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Ohhh... it looks like your PAC/UPAC board does not work.
If that message came from Win NT Error log, that means windows AGFA APIS driver can't contact with that board.
1. Reinstall the driver first.
2. Put that PAC brd into another slot.
3. Check the protection Fuse at PAC board. (small clear cylinder with black bubble inside)
If nothing helps - you have the problem with PAC brd and need new one.
I'm not sure you have another AGFA imagesetter in Mongolia to check you PAC brd by replacement :(

Apis Driver XP

Apis Driver XP

What version of the PDFRip are you running. What were the latest updates.

Agfa APIS PAC Board

Agfa APIS PAC Board

I have agfa APIS Card which working fine on Agfa Accuset 1000 but when I connect with Agfa Avantra 25 messege appair "failed to open APIS driver"

can anyone help

Did you connect Avantra to the same RIP (working well with Accuset) or just swapped up the UPAC brd and tried another RIP?

And how did you do that? - Viper is SW RIP, created for Mac.
Taipan - for PC
Next generation - PDF RIP has both versions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back