code error 13 and 165

kay

i am having error code 13 and 165 on agfa avantra 20/25 how to do i solve these errors and i am also looking for avdiag software

Last edited:
Although I do not have the AVDIAG software, I found an old error list for the Avantra (hopefully it is accurate). 13 = Left Door Open and 165 = No Carriage Encoder Pulses.

The sensor for the left door may be at fault and may require Agfa service and error 165 will likely require Agfa service.

Thank you for your quickest response, I have checked the lift door sensor and cable to SDM board they all seems Okay, but Error 13 still appears.
We never changed anything or any software upgrade.
On Error 165, we checked our carriage moves perfectly if you push and pull it by hand. we have cleaned all the carriage path and checked every cable to and from the PCB Board.

Hi Kay. I am sorry but I cannot be of further assistance to you. You'll need to contact Agfa service.

Best regards,
pd

AGFA does not support Avantras anymore.
To avoid error 13 - remove and inspect safety switch installed on the Avantra's frame. It it damaged - make a short cut between two wires to put 24V DC via safety line.
Error 165 -Inspect Digital Encoder small wheel touches the rail properly. Just look under V shaped rail at right. In 90% of cases that was old hardened grease did not allow Encoder to move closer to rail.
Diagnostic - put your finger on Encoder wheel and move Carriage manually - wheel should rotate without any stops

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back