CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Agfa Prepress without network nor Internet

HI,
    We've recently moved to a new office but had to leave the platemaker and the Agfa Prepress PC behind until the place is ready. Is it possible to run the Prepress software without any network, no local; no Internet. Just the server pc left alone with the platemaker?
    I tried to start the manager but got "Server Status: Not connected" message and no go :-(((
    Any help appreciated.
    R

Hook the Apogee server to a switch just to have the LAN going somewhere, it may need the network interface active to publish the hot folders for hot tickets. Mind the server IP.

Comment

At a minimum you need a loop back adapter for the Apogee Server to at least think it is on a network.
      Phil Crosby - Senior Trainer - Agfa Graphics North America

Comment

I do have a switch handy. Will try that today. Thnx everybody!
        Would I need to change the ip's, host files etc?

Comment

It depends on router/gateway settings and what static IPs you previously had if any. The hosts file allows external client logins. I presume you will launch the client locally on server and feed jobs via memory stick or similar. Play with it see what happens your target is to have all server services running then start a client.

Comment

Got it up and running so thanks for all the tips. When I started the "Manager" app all of the licenses were written in italics, not the regular font - does it mean anything?
            R.

Comment

it means RUN ! ( as in, run a job and see if it works )

Michael Jahn - Slightly used PDF Evangelist
              Simi Valley California

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimate
              4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBAChili publish4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4498 users online. 119 members and 4379 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
              X