Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agfa Avantra 44 input jam error

Yesterday they ran a piece of film through the machine and it said it ran out but it actually had a few feet left on it and the image setter as usual just ran out the extra but stopped about a foot short with that error. We turned off the processor and back on to get it to finish running it out but it never stopped. It just runs for a while then gives us a input jam error. The switch on the end of the dryer seems to be fine and I'm guessing the input sensor is what's in the bridge but not sure how to check and see if it's working. Any ideas. Thanks.

Bridge sensors you can diagnose with AVdiag, processor with AndroDiags.
    Got software and cables?
    Chris

Comment

I do not have the software or cables.

Comment

Originally posted by 68Shelby View Post
        Yesterday they ran a piece of film through the machine and it said it ran out but it actually had a few feet left on it and the image setter as usual just ran out the extra but stopped about a foot short with that error. We turned off the processor and back on to get it to finish running it out but it never stopped. It just runs for a while then gives us a input jam error. The switch on the end of the dryer seems to be fine and I'm guessing the input sensor is what's in the bridge but not sure how to check and see if it's working. Any ideas. Thanks.
        Have you tried the processor in offline mode? Have you noticed the same result? Isn't it the process signal from imagesetter is being sent to processor?
        The manual clearly explains the sensors and how they will be checked.

Good luck .

Farshad

What else did you do?
        Good luck.
        Farshad . www.armyaservices.com,
        Sharing information for your success.

Comment

How do you put the processor in offline mode?

Comment

I should say there is a buffer unit or I call it a bridge between the image setter and processor.

Comment

I should say there is a buffer unit or I call it a bridge between the image setter and processor.
              Do not you want to tell me what model of imagesetter are being used or this is your secret and can't be shared ?

Comment

It's a Agfa Avantra 44s with a buffer and online processor.

Comment

Figured it out. The switch where the film enters the processor was stuck down. Didn't even know there was a switch there. Now if someone could tell me how to get to it to clean it up and look at it so it doesn't stick again.

Comment

Figured it out. The switch where the film enters the processor was stuck down. Didn't even know there was a switch there. Now if someone could tell me how to get to it to clean it up and look at it so it doesn't stick again.
                    Get to it and clean it. Easy as thatthat if you feel the sensor has issue. But how about the buffer.
                    Could be the brake on the buffer motor. Have you tight the screw on it? It could be loose.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                    4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                    4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4745 users online. 112 members and 4633 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                    X