Agfa Avantra 44 input jam error

68Shelby

Yesterday they ran a piece of film through the machine and it said it ran out but it actually had a few feet left on it and the image setter as usual just ran out the extra but stopped about a foot short with that error. We turned off the processor and back on to get it to finish running it out but it never stopped. It just runs for a while then gives us a input jam error. The switch on the end of the dryer seems to be fine and I'm guessing the input sensor is what's in the bridge but not sure how to check and see if it's working. Any ideas. Thanks.

Bridge sensors you can diagnose with AVdiag, processor with AndroDiags.
Got software and cables?
Chris

Yesterday they ran a piece of film through the machine and it said it ran out but it actually had a few feet left on it and the image setter as usual just ran out the extra but stopped about a foot short with that error. We turned off the processor and back on to get it to finish running it out but it never stopped. It just runs for a while then gives us a input jam error. The switch on the end of the dryer seems to be fine and I'm guessing the input sensor is what's in the bridge but not sure how to check and see if it's working. Any ideas. Thanks.

Have you tried the processor in offline mode? Have you noticed the same result? Isn't it the process signal from imagesetter is being sent to processor?
The manual clearly explains the sensors and how they will be checked.

Good luck .

Farshad

What else did you do?
Good luck.

Figured it out. The switch where the film enters the processor was stuck down. Didn't even know there was a switch there. Now if someone could tell me how to get to it to clean it up and look at it so it doesn't stick again.

Figured it out. The switch where the film enters the processor was stuck down. Didn't even know there was a switch there. Now if someone could tell me how to get to it to clean it up and look at it so it doesn't stick again.

Get to it and clean it. Easy as thatthat if you feel the sensor has issue. But how about the buffer.
Could be the brake on the buffer motor. Have you tight the screw on it? It could be loose.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back