Avantra 44 nip motor problem

ChrisZ

Hello.
I have a problem with nip roller motor which is not working.
Checked so far:
1. Motor
2. Motor cable
3. SDM
4. Flat from DEC to SDM.
Still no 24V on the motor, nor on SDM output.
Unidiag gives "command error" when testing this motor.
Avdiag gives "APIS command error" when testing this motor.
Any ideas except "replace DEC"?
Cheers, Chris

Last edited:
Hi sir:
If you do not have +24Vdc coming from SDM output, measure the input from SDM, if there are and NOT output the SDM is faulty.
Of course if you do not have input in SDM, you must track where the Voltage is Missing before to arrive to the SDM, look for the schematic diagram, where is the exactly voltage for the Input SDM.
Lookf for ;1) loose wires, 2) broken wires 3) faulty connector, 4) edge connectors of board, 5) dry and cold solder joint in the board SDM( very important) and resolder if that is the case, most of the 75% electronic failure is coming by that faulty.
Let me know.
Blessing
[email protected]
Mobile+WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441

24V to SDM comes from DEC via flat cable. It is present. Anyway, I will try another DEC next week.
Chris

ok .
However you must test the output from SDM for Motor

Lookf for ;1) loose wires, 2) broken wires 3) faulty connector, 4) edge connectors of board, 5) dry and cold solder joint in the board SDM( very important) and resolder if that is the case, most of the 75% electronic failure is coming by that faulty.

Let me know.

Blessing.

[email protected]

It is not an issue of SDM module for sure. Tested with 2 other 100% functioning modules.
Broken SDM does not give "apis command error" message.
Chris

However how is You have 24 in the terminal of Motor coming from the Board??

Lookf for ;1) loose wires, 2) broken wires 3) faulty connector, 4) edge connectors of board, 5) dry and cold solder joint in the board relationed ( very important) and resolder if that is the case, most of the 75% electronic failure is coming by that faulty.

Blessing.

[email protected]

Good morning, I have spinner motor and all parts of Agfa Avantra 44 for sale. If you are interested in, send me message.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back