Agfa Apogee PDF RIP upgrades?

jbackus4

I am still in search of a new RIP for our facility in Uxbridge, MA and we have looked at the Xanté RipIt but now I'm wondering if all I need is an upgrade to our current RIP (Agfa Apogee PDF RIP v2.0 on Windows 2000) Its a stable system but lacking the ability to linearize the imagesetter.

I've tried Calibrator 4.0 but the RIP wont except any of the new uploaded data.

Does anyone have suggestions and or modules they have available for sale that can help me calibrate our Agfa Accuset 1000Plus using our current RIP?

Thank you,
John B
MA USA

If you have the funds to purchase a new RIP, you should do it. The Apogee RIP that you are currently using is very outdated for today's applications. You should look at the Xitron Navigator GPS RIP. It is not only the most cost effective, but it the best RIP on the market for your needs. It is very user friendly and the calibration is straight forward and easy. The cost is Much less than upgrading the Apogee and it is flexible enough to output to future devices, not just Agfa.

<<flexible enough to output to future devices, not just Agfa.>> how can you do it without specific RIP board?
APIS and SpeedWay - same SW but another HW for instance!
Have you ever tried to obtain just different board from the Harlequin based RIP vendor?

Last edited:
Vlad, I'm sorry I was not more specific. There was a time that you would have to purchase a different interface board for another manufacturer's equipment, however if you get a new RIP with the USB interface, you would only need the cable and load the appropriate plug-in.

As was my intent with the original post, this is the most cost effective option for future growth. You would not have to purchase a complete new RIP and or Workflow with a new output device. The fact that the Harlequin RIP can also generate a 1 bit tiff output also makes it a future front end to a CTP device that has a 1 bit tiff as it's interface.

YESSSSSS, DonBlock!!!!!!!!! :)
USB option forever! :)
I'm living out of modern solutions now, sh.......t!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back