Apogee X Prepress - Advanced CMM

ErnieLail

I noticed the advanced cmm check box and i was curious what exactly its for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think it is for applying device link profiles. I recall that in Prinergy you needed the Advanced Color Management Module to use device links. I can't remember if there were any additional benefits.

Advanced CMM = Agfa CMM

Advanced CMM = Agfa CMM

The advanced CMM is simply a check box to use the Agfa CMM for the color conversions.
There is no special license required to use this checkbox and it does not relate to the usage of device link profiles directly.
When disabled a standard ICC based conversion will be done with the CMM of the APPE inside the PDFRender. This will result in the traditional conversion quality.
By using a Dev Link in fact you bypass the CMM and as such Adv CMM will not have an effect anymore (the creator of the Dev Link has used a CMM to build the devlink and controls the conversion !).
The Adv CMM is a very intelligent CMM, as it will create the device links on the fly (based on the CMS settings defined in the PDFrender settings and the Press profile) and it is not purely table based but uses a model-based approach so that the gamuts of the 2 ICC profiles are optimally used. It will also automatically correct for differences in illuminants between the profiles. These device links are created in the background and passed on to the APPE where they are used during rendering.
On the proofer CMS the Adv. CMM enables the closed Loop Optimised part of the proofer profiles (lowest Delta E's).

The InkSave and Press Repurposing options are another part of the Adv CMM, as well as the Profile creating modules of ColorTune.

So within Apogee it is advised to always use the Adv CMM.

Advanced CMM

Advanced CMM

My understanding is that Agfa Advanced CMM uses additional proprietary information written into ICC profiles from ColorTune for mapping colors around the periphery of the color space. It is only used with Agfa profiles.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back