Agfa avantra BOOT error 149

ThEEnD

:confused:Good afternoon. The equipment agfa avantra 44 began to give out an error at start â„–149. That I have found the only thing "149 Spinner did not lock" but as the motor is at a stop all bolts are tightened, or I not so have understood. Who faced help please I will return the favour!

Is the machine installed on a dusty or smoking environment?
It may be not "locking" to the speed required.

Does the sound of the spinner motor changed from past?
Is the spinner sound, smooth and constant?

Hello,
Error 149 is indeed a spinner error. During boot , the engine starts the spinner and expects to see feedback pulses within a couple of seconds. If this does not happen , it post this error.
What can be the cause ?
First you should listen to the engine.
Does the spinner turn, just for a small time during the boot ? If yes , it means that your problem is probably located in the feedback circuitry. Typical issues here are the encoder, mounted on the back side of the motor or the cabling / electronics further down. Carefully cleaning the encoder could be a good first guess.
Do NOT remove the spinner if not needed.

Is the spinner not turning at all ?
This could be the drive electonics or the motor itself.
This motor is an airbearing motor. Can you try to turn it by hand ? ( power switched off , of course )
Do this in the "running" direction so you don´t hurt the air channels.
If you can turn it easily , it is most likely not broken.
If it is hard to turn this motor , you probably have a spinner problem.

Regards,
W3112

Spinner error 149

Spinner error 149

Your problem can be from Dec PCB or the Spinner.

I suspect the DEC Pcb.

Please provide me more information.

As I understand you turn the machine on and during the boot the spinner doesn't start and you end up with error 149 on the display?

is it an Avantra 44, 44S, VXT, Avantra 25 or 30.

1- Did you move the carriage manually while machine was booting?
2- What happened prior to that, you where imaging films and suddenly spinner stopped?

I need all these details.
I might be able to run the machine please connect me to armyaservices1 on SKYPE.com

For future assistant please contact [email protected]
Farshad Faghihi - Canada | LinkedIn

During booting err 149.

That is dust problem. open the spiner cover, clean the Encorder. I think solve the problem.

Seoul Korea

Last edited:
i got same problem with error 149, the spinner motor. i check it by manually rotating it and theirs a squeaking sound from it is it broken?
this problem happen when we turn it ON for printing.
is it necessary to open the spinner motor and check inside?
thank you,
jaime

and also i try to put the rotor in one position to observe if its rotating or not sounds like its not moving.

thanks,

sorry for the second post, i try again observing if its roatating or not, i put another mark and observe, it was rotating but very slow, and only 360 rotation and stop then error comes out and their is a tik...tik... sound from the motor.

thank you,

I am very sorry. I didn't mean to discourage you. With all the respect you have to replace the spinner.

I agree with Armya.
The test was intended to see if the spinner would spin up for a couple of seconds.
It does not, so the problem is in the spinner - drive area.

I have no experience with opening / repairing these motors.
But in case you want to open it , good luck

;)

W3112

Hello can some one help me pleas. I have a Agfa Avantra 44S
I get an error message shows error no 17 spinner motor
I have check the spinner motor is jam.
What shall I do :( do I have to get another motor. or ?

What you mean by Jam?

That means when you turn the mirror by hand it doesn't turn or it doesn't turn freely. If that is the case, use some NON OIL Contact cleaner(You shouldn't be using any OIL) and spray it inside the housing.It may help. In any case, you have to think about buying a New one.

Hope this will help.

Best Regards,
Farshad Faghihi | Armya Inc
C: +1-416-706-5473 |T: +1-647-862-2567
[email protected]
Home
Farshad Faghihi - Canada | LinkedIn
Free forum : Print Graphics Forum
ONLINE REMOTE DIAGNOSTIC SUPPORT: armyaservices1 on Free internet calls and cheap phone calls - Skype & Free Video Chat and Video Conferencing from ooVoo

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back