Flexo standard profile

Shamar

Does anyone know of a flexo profile that is industry standard. Litho has ISO coated v2 39L, Gravure now has the PaC.Space profile but there is no standard profile for flexo. I have generated a MX4 profile from an amalgum of printers and have my own generic ones for wide web standard, wide web HD ink and have similar for narrow web. They work but would prefer an industry standard if there was one available. i understand EFTA abandoned trials to ceate one?

I guess may be the flexo have too many spot colors,so it`s difficult to create a standard one as a reference

I am looking to use colour server to map colours from profile to profile so only concerned over the CMYK profile the spot colours can be taken from density and dot gain info.

While its true that there currently isn't an "industry standard" profile or characterization data set for flexo, its incorrect that the FTA has abandoned attempts to create one. One of the problems is that the ISO standards regarding flexo have some inherent flaws. These are currently being reviewed. The FTA also is actively working on flexo characterization data (upon which to base a profile) for wide-web/white poly, but needs more industry involvement, pressruns and samples. If you'd like to contribute, contact the FTA.

That being said, there is beta data for flexo white poly out there in which to build a profile. This is currently hosted on the Idealliance website: IDEAlliance
Scoll down to the bottom and look under the heading "Beta Data".

Thanks, I am having this profile checked to our standard profiles and also to a variety of flexo profiles to see how it compares.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back