IDEALink and MacBookPro

Bill W

Greetings,

Anyone using IDEALink Curve on a MacBookPro? (under Tiger for now, but Leopard soon). When the Curve app uncompresses from the dowload on the MacBook it is on about 2.5 MB, but on my G4 it was over 6 MB. Additionally, the icon is not the same as on my G4 and when I try to launch it does not launch.

I have searched for some help with this challenge, but found none available.

All replies are appreciated.

-Bill-

Re: IDEALink and MacBookPro

Using Idealink here with a MacBook Pro running Leopard (and fomerly Tiger). No issues. Maybe try re-downloading?

I've got IDEALink Curve 1.1b6 running on an Intel Core 2 duo Macbook Pro no problem. It is 6.3mb so it sounds like yours didn't de-compress fully or is a bad download. You do need the latest beta (1.1b6) for Intel Macbooks.

-Todd Shirley
Urban Studio
New York, NY

Greetings,

I received a reply from Pat at Chromix that the problem probably was a bad "unstuff" of the download. He indicated that they changed the way it was compressed and suggested that I download again. However, before he responded I decided to just drag IDEALink (v1.16b) from my G4 to my MacBookPro and that worked.

Thanks to those that replied - case fixed.

-Bill-

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back