Eye-One work with the IDEAlink Curve Software

scoy

Hi,

Does anyone use the Gretag Macbeth Eye-One with the IDEAlink Curve Software? I want to be sure it works with that reader before I buy the IDEAlink Curve Software.

Steve Coy

Re: Eye-One work with the IDEAlink Curve Software

Hi Steve

Yes you should be able to use the EyeOne to read the P2P targets, but you will need ColorPort or Measure tool which both work without
a dongle.It looks like if you use the new P2P25 target with the EyeOne you will have to use the reference file for the P2P23.
Atleast that's what it looks like in the new documentation on the P2P25 target.
I will try to attach it....tried but its too big !

John

Edited by: John Romano on Jan 23, 2008 12:00 PM

GREAT TIMING on this post. I too just bought the IDEAlink software and couldn't figure out how to capture a reading. I was told there was supposed to be a PDF manual that was to appear with the install but no such thing. Once you use this software to take a reading you export it as a text file, is this correct?

John,

Thanks for the reply. I found someone else to talk to as well. Here is what I have learned:

You can download a free program from Xrite called ColorPort, which I did. It is a nice program. Works on Mac or Windows. Start up ColorPort, click the Measure Target tap, under the Target drop down meneuw, select Target Manager, click import, browse to the target data file (in my case it was P2P25X Eye-One Pro.xml). Then in the Measurement Device area I chose X-Rite Eye-One Pro, clicked on the connect, chose measurement mode of strip, then calibrate. Then I could read may chart. Then save the data. Now I am waiting to get the IDEAlink Curve Software to import that data into that software.

I hope that is helpful to the next person that needs to know.

Steve Coy

>I was told there was supposed to be a PDF manual that was to appear with the install but no such thing

Download the P2P25 package from http://www.hutchcolor.com/Images_and_targets.html (or go to the menu bar in IDL and select Web/Updates for P2P targets). There's a PDF included in the download that covers measurement.

Also ensure your using the latest version of Idealink Curve (IDL preferences and Check Now for updates).

I've got the software (IDEALinkcurve 1.1b) but I'm not sure I understand the graph or charts once I import the CGATS data. There is no documentation I'm aware of that shows me how I know my device is in "spec". It appears to me it is actually but can anyone shed some light here?

The user guide, should come with the download, I would get the latest update of the curve tool 1.1b6 .
The guide can explain most of everything.....

Email me off list and I can send it to you if you don't have it.

[email protected]

John

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back