Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alwan 3.01 color server

I thought I had this all worked and started to deploy this color server. First job was a indesign cs3 job with psd files it would go through the server but the files would not be optimized. I had to change the psd file to tif file before optimizer would work. I tried all versions of acrobat with the psd file in place - no optimization. Then with the tiff file it only optimized the lowest version. As far as I know the .psd file is not supported directly but should go in a pdf file

As most indesign workflows use .ai and .psd files this is a big problem for us. Plus it is supposed to work on Acrobat 8.0 files

Re: Alwan 3.01 color server

How did you created your PDF files out of Indesign ?

Comment

No compression no profiles and tried exporting as acrobat 4 through 8

the whole thing goes like this in the testing phase everything seemed to work. The first live job was a indesign CD3 with a psd file placed in it. Would not optimize no matter which version of acrobat. We change the .psd to a ,tif file and exported all versions. The .tif in version 4 seemed to optimize. We have alwan set to always optimize

Since most of out customers use .psd and .ai files place in Indesign this is a major issue unless I have Alwan set up incorrectly. It is a new self installation

Thanks
      Mike

Comment

I am using AlwanColorHub ver. 3.0.1. I created a PDF using InDesign CS3 with a .psd file placed in Indesign before creating the PDF file. The file was successfully Ink optimized.

This leads me to believe that AlwanColorHub CMYK Optimizer does optimize .psd files. I would be interested in testing your file. I could run it through my CMYK optimizer to see if it works with my settings. If it works, I can let you know how I have mine setup.

Do you have an ftp site that you could make the file available for me to download? I would need the native packaged Indesign file with the linked images etc... along with the one of your PDF files that doesn't optimize.

Comment

sent you a email offline with ftp or http downloads

thank you this has been on my plate for days

Since Alwan is in France and I am in Washington state I get a small window each day and progress is really slow

Mike

Comment

I am downloading the file now. I'm behind a firewall and it's a very slow download because of this. I'll keep you updated when I get the files downloaded and tested.

Comment

I have assessed the PDF processing, the GCR is not applied because of the triggering of CMYpurity detection.

01-02-08 18:26:22.611_ < n 1 >(CMYK Optimizer Server) _ Warning: PDF contains K purities that forces the Preserve Original Separation

This is due to automatic CMY purity detection (introduced in ACH 277, page 30 of the CMYK_Optimizer Manual)
              When CMY purity and overprint are detected, it forces the "Preserve Original Separation" option (in Separation Tab) and the "C-M-Y-K primary ink purity" option (in Purity tab).
              This is to avoid any Black appear in overprinted regions which could rarely lead to a rendering artifact with very specific PDF conceptions.

If needed, this detection can be disabled in ACH preference file "com.alwancolor.AlwanColorHub.plist" located in the folder :
              /Users/YourSessionName/Library/Preferences/com.alwancolor.AlwanColorHub.plist
              by setting to NO the JobTask_CMYPurityManagement option, as described in attached screenshot :

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
              Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4559 users online. 97 members and 4462 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
              X