Alwan 3.01 color server

I thought I had this all worked and started to deploy this color server. First job was a indesign cs3 job with psd files it would go through the server but the files would not be optimized. I had to change the psd file to tif file before optimizer would work. I tried all versions of acrobat with the psd file in place - no optimization. Then with the tiff file it only optimized the lowest version. As far as I know the .psd file is not supported directly but should go in a pdf file

As most indesign workflows use .ai and .psd files this is a big problem for us. Plus it is supposed to work on Acrobat 8.0 files

Re: Alwan 3.01 color server

No compression no profiles and tried exporting as acrobat 4 through 8

the whole thing goes like this in the testing phase everything seemed to work. The first live job was a indesign CD3 with a psd file placed in it. Would not optimize no matter which version of acrobat. We change the .psd to a ,tif file and exported all versions. The .tif in version 4 seemed to optimize. We have alwan set to always optimize

Since most of out customers use .psd and .ai files place in Indesign this is a major issue unless I have Alwan set up incorrectly. It is a new self installation

Thanks
Mike

I am using AlwanColorHub ver. 3.0.1. I created a PDF using InDesign CS3 with a .psd file placed in Indesign before creating the PDF file. The file was successfully Ink optimized.

This leads me to believe that AlwanColorHub CMYK Optimizer does optimize .psd files. I would be interested in testing your file. I could run it through my CMYK optimizer to see if it works with my settings. If it works, I can let you know how I have mine setup.

Do you have an ftp site that you could make the file available for me to download? I would need the native packaged Indesign file with the linked images etc... along with the one of your PDF files that doesn't optimize.

sent you a email offline with ftp or http downloads

thank you this has been on my plate for days

Since Alwan is in France and I am in Washington state I get a small window each day and progress is really slow

Mike

I am downloading the file now. I'm behind a firewall and it's a very slow download because of this. I'll keep you updated when I get the files downloaded and tested.

I have assessed the PDF processing, the GCR is not applied because of the triggering of CMYpurity detection.

01-02-08 18:26:22.611_ < n 1 >(CMYK Optimizer Server) _ Warning: PDF contains K purities that forces the Preserve Original Separation

This is due to automatic CMY purity detection (introduced in ACH 277, page 30 of the CMYK_Optimizer Manual)
When CMY purity and overprint are detected, it forces the "Preserve Original Separation" option (in Separation Tab) and the "C-M-Y-K primary ink purity" option (in Purity tab).
This is to avoid any Black appear in overprinted regions which could rarely lead to a rendering artifact with very specific PDF conceptions.

If needed, this detection can be disabled in ACH preference file "com.alwancolor.AlwanColorHub.plist" located in the folder :
/Users/YourSessionName/Library/Preferences/com.alwancolor.AlwanColorHub.plist
by setting to NO the JobTask_CMYPurityManagement option, as described in attached screenshot :

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back