I was advised to take some reading with thiese specifications:

the SpectroEye needs to set as follows

D65
Observer angle: degree 10
Physical filter: NO
White base: ABS
Density Standard: ANSIT
NetProfiler: ON

May someone help me understand the "White base" parameter? What is it?
Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Ricardo Arameo Pineda on Jan 29, 2008 12:48 PM

Re: WHITE BASE ABS SPEC

Hi there,

ABS is and abreviation of absoloute as in absoloute zero, which means the device should be zeroed to an white patch of 100L* 0A* 0 B*. I think some spectrophotometers have a small tile underneath which when the device is in use it zero's on its white point by itself (i have spoken to someone who has a spectro like this) It should be covered in your spectros manual unless it doent need doing or it is done at calibration intervals. I think we use absoloute to ensure readings of all colours are with paper white and therefore the LAB is used to ensure the correct colour on different substrates. Is the D65 and 10 degree observer right ?
The G7, Fogra and ISO all have D50 and 2 degree.

Good luck Paul

Thanks Paul, you've been very helpful.
Actually i don't know why they are asking me to set it up at 10º observer, i knew this parameter is mostly used for textile color reading not for offset. i'll find out, thanks again.

Ricardo:
The white base is your white backing calibration plaque.
I'm a little concerned about the D65 10 degree parameters. For graphic arts, it is usually D50 and 2 degree observer.
John Lind
Cranberry Township, Pa
724-776-4718

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back