Icc transfer curves for rip

BigM

I have 4 different Heidlbergpress 50x70cm 8c 70x100cm 8c one XL 8c 70x100cm and a 4c machine
Using AGFA apogee system for prepress.

Iam now about to create new icc profiles, will print icc chart on all presses.
But what is best to do
I would like to have so few profiles as possible for my clients.
Is it best to create my own standard by using measuredata from all presses and create your standard or.....

Use measure data from one press and create icc profile from this and then use transfer curves i prepress system for the other macines.

I cant have coated and uncoated icc for 4 machines, I never know what press it will run in when it´s ready to print.

And suggestions ?

Bigm

Re: Icc transfer curves for rip

Hi,

The best and optimal way to do so is as follow:

make sure press conditions and variable are under control (QC, norms, etc.).

A) run fingerprint test target on each presses with linear plates, same densities.
B) read the TVI and OR Gray balance patches (with PerfX Press Curves™ for example) in order to get the correction curves needed to match standard gray balance/TVI. Each press can have different curves.
C) compare curves from each presses and if they are with the 2 to 3 % the same, you can use the same compensation curves.
D) Set your curves for CTP and go back on each press to validate the curves AND to print the ICC profiling target
E) Make ICC profile (with PerfX Pro™ for example) and use the profile for hard proofing, soft proofing and color space conversion if needed.

That is simple and can be done by anyone. Software have to be used by USER. Let’s go… you can do it!

hope this help!

Louis Dery
TGLC inc.
www.tglc.com

Louis is right, Morgan. 1 profile and several plating curves. Each press will likely have 2 curves - one for coated and one for uncoated.

It gets more complicated as you expand your screening - so, for example, press A will have a curve for 175 lines per inch on coated stock and another for 20 micron stochastic on the same coated stock.

rich

No stochastic is used.
We thinking to match our presses to fogra standard, but there is no good profile for uncoated paper, to high ink coverage
Any using fogra standard in sheet feed enviroment

>We thinking to match our presses to fogra standard, but there is no good profile for uncoated paper, to high ink coverage

How about the ECI's ISOuncoated.icc, or better yet, derive your own from the Fogra29 data set (http://www.color.org/fogra29.xalter)?

Hay all I would like to know if any of you guys have set a profile up for just one customer
Thanks

Eric

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back