Basic sheet analysis

walterz

I’m looking to do some basic sheet analysis using an eye-One. The idea is to design a custom colour bar (short and simple) then read it with an eye-One to glean the basic density and Lab values of the primaries and traps. I seem to be doing this so often with my single shot spectro (XRite 939) that it is getting boring. If I can take one swipe and see all the values that would be great.

So far my testing has been, design and read the colour bar with ColorPort. Export this as a CSV file and open it in Excel. There I can do whatever my heart desires with the data. If I would want to get cute and had the time I could even graph the values with upper and lower limits etc. But this still requires two manual steps.

Is there a more automated or simpler way of getting Density and Lab values from an eye-One into Excel?

Walter

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back