Alwan 3.1 color server

We are having a problem with the Ålwan Color Server.

I have a pdf file that is 96 pages and about 975 megs. It errors when I try to optimize it. If I extract the pages and run 96 single pages they all optimize. The file in the finder is 975 megs but when looking at it in the job manager it is a hair over a gig to alwan.

Intel Macintosh 10.52, 3 gigs ram, 115 gigs hardrive free. I updated from Alwan 3.01 to 3.1 and still a problem

Mike

Re: Alwan 3.1 color server

Hi Mike,

Did you send this E-mail to our support department ?
I would like to encourage you to send them the file together with your task settings and we will respond to you as soon as possible. As we are close to release a version 3.2, we want to be sure to correct this problem (if we can identify this as a problem) in this upcoming release.

You can find the support form on the Alwan website (in the "support" section)

I don't have a problem sharing experiences on a forum like this one, but I trust that our support team can help you even better when sending them this info.

Regards,

Patrick Van Dam

The Alwan Team

Re: Alwan 3.1 color server

I have contacted support and am trying to ftp them the file it stalled at 300 megs last night

even compressed it is still 800 megs

I have other issues also

Like a Indesign file that uses transparency. If I flatten it I get lines where the transparency is flattened. Non flattened alwan does crazy things to the file. Like optimized I have more color than I started and less black.

Biggest problem is the customer put a gray tiff at the top of the page put a cmyk box over the top and did transparency to blend two together. When it goes through optimizer it pretty much is converted to black

It takes support awhile to get working on things. And I am straining to put the Alwan Color Server to work since it was a large investment for the company

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back