Editing raw profile data

jstotz

It it possible to extract the raw conversion table data from a profile into Excel so it can be edited using spreadsheet formulas? And then put it back in the profile?

It it possible to extract the raw conversion table data from a profile into Excel so it can be edited using spreadsheet formulas? And then put it back in the profile?

What are you referring to by "raw conversion table data" (Characterization data or LUT?), and what are you hoping to accomplish?

I think it would be the LUT, the table that converts each input color to its corresponding output color? I need the ability to edit a profile to add saturation. However, I don't want the saturation control that is built into ProfileMaker or Kodak Colorflow, which I believe is similar to the saturation control in Photoshop. I need something similar to the vibrance control in Camera RAW. From what I have read, the vibrance control increases saturation of less saturated colors but doesn't increase saturation of already saturated colors. It doesn't clip colors that are at full saturation and doesn't make skin tones orange.

I was thinking that if I can't find a profile editing program that will do this, I could do it in a spreadsheet, assuming I can figure out an appropriate formula.

Are you familiar with the data encoding of the CLUT data? If not, I don't think a spreadsheet software would be of any help to you. To edit a profile you need a graphical visualization of the table. The data is not encoded in an intuitive way that permits easy changes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back