Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idealink Curve and Export For Prinergy Evo?

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idealink Curve and Export For Prinergy Evo?

Hi,

Just wondering if IdealinkCurve will output curves to Prinergy Evo or Creo Harmony?

We're now using prinergy evo as our workflow. previously we had an Agfa RIP (pre-ApogeeX) and it couldn't use Idealink's output.

thx,

Dwane.

Re: Idealink Curve and Export For Prinergy Evo?

>We're now using prinergy evo as our workflow. previously we had an Agfa RIP (pre-ApogeeX) and it couldn't use Idealink's output.

What about the Rip would disallowed Idealnk's output? Are you referring to an inability to import values, or the Rip requireing values different from that reported by Idealink?

Comment

You need to enter the data by hand, it does not import directly to EVO/Harmony !
      Wish it did

John

Comment

The type of values that the Idealink generates are the "compensation" values right? Eg. If the RIP comes across a 65% screen it should run with the value that Idealink determine in order to reach target SID/Gray Balance.

The old Agfa RIP, used AgfaCAL and it needed to create the 'compensation' values from the "Measured" and "Wanted" values. So even though Idealink had done the 'hard work' I couldn't use the values because I couldn't just tweak the 'Compensation' values. As I remember (The rip is long gone) it wouldn't even show me the compensation values.

I'm going to have to check Creo Harmony again whether I can just input the compensation values....Thought perhaps Ideallink could generate a curve file for Prinergy Evo/Connect since it's pretty mainstream.

Comment

> {quote:title=JRomano wrote:}{quote}You need to enter the data by hand, it does not import directly to EVO/Harmony !
          > Wish it did
          Bummer. Ah well, it's not THAT tedious I suppose. At least I should be able to use the values this time!

Comment

Hi Dwane

Harmony does the Curves with a Current curve and Target that together make the calibration curve.
            Sort of confusing terms.....

So yes the Idealink data should be put into the Target curve !

John

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
            Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4557 users online. 97 members and 4460 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
            X