Idealink Curve and Export For Prinergy Evo?

dwanehollands

Hi,

Just wondering if IdealinkCurve will output curves to Prinergy Evo or Creo Harmony?

We're now using prinergy evo as our workflow. previously we had an Agfa RIP (pre-ApogeeX) and it couldn't use Idealink's output.

thx,

Dwane.

Re: Idealink Curve and Export For Prinergy Evo?

>We're now using prinergy evo as our workflow. previously we had an Agfa RIP (pre-ApogeeX) and it couldn't use Idealink's output.

What about the Rip would disallowed Idealnk's output? Are you referring to an inability to import values, or the Rip requireing values different from that reported by Idealink?

You need to enter the data by hand, it does not import directly to EVO/Harmony !
Wish it did :)

John

The type of values that the Idealink generates are the "compensation" values right? Eg. If the RIP comes across a 65% screen it should run with the value that Idealink determine in order to reach target SID/Gray Balance.

The old Agfa RIP, used AgfaCAL and it needed to create the 'compensation' values from the "Measured" and "Wanted" values. So even though Idealink had done the 'hard work' I couldn't use the values because I couldn't just tweak the 'Compensation' values. As I remember (The rip is long gone) it wouldn't even show me the compensation values.

I'm going to have to check Creo Harmony again whether I can just input the compensation values....Thought perhaps Ideallink could generate a curve file for Prinergy Evo/Connect since it's pretty mainstream.

> {quote:title=JRomano wrote:}{quote}You need to enter the data by hand, it does not import directly to EVO/Harmony !
> Wish it did :)
Bummer. Ah well, it's not THAT tedious I suppose. At least I should be able to use the values this time!

Hi Dwane

Harmony does the Curves with a Current curve and Target that together make the calibration curve.
Sort of confusing terms.....

So yes the Idealink data should be put into the Target curve !

John

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back