Color Management on SM 74

davidsia

Hi guys,

we are using SM 74 - 4 colors, now I have a problem with management regarding achieving the correct color on printed sheets, where there are solids, illustrations and photos. Could someone assist me how many number of A2 sheets should be printed to achieve the perfect color? would 100 sheets be sufficient? Your assistance would be highly appreciated

Regards
David

100-150 sheets, color should be there. Chk out the form roller setttings against the plate

Your answer sounds good, for an experienced pressman. I get the feeling that the press and printing process are new to this shop as well. Getting the rollers and all settings checked is right. I just wonder if the pressman needs some help as well.

Your answer sounds good, for an experienced pressman. I get the feeling that the press and printing process are new to this shop as well. Getting the rollers and all settings checked is right. I just wonder if the pressman needs some help as well.

Thanks, I have to check the settings, and I also believe the pressman needs some help

No prob, u can ask for my help in any printing problems u r having. SM74 is a real work horse and trust me, wont let u down!

Hello davidsia,

I assume your target is standard color values according to used paper type and CMYK values were defined correctly according to print conditions. You should adjust dot gains and define ideal solid wet lab values first. Your guide for that is ISO 12647-2. Using an ink set according to ISO 2846-1 would be helpful. Then you should calibrate CIP3 data. Also take care about ink on rollers especially from heavy ink job to light ink job. So you can have a chance to get close to standart colors approx with 100 sheets. First pull OK is very hard to achieve. To do best; consider to have a closed loop color control system. After first correction second pull will be better.

Hi guys,

we are using SM 74 - 4 colors, now I have a problem with management regarding achieving the correct color on printed sheets, where there are solids, illustrations and photos. Could someone assist me how many number of A2 sheets should be printed to achieve the perfect color? would 100 sheets be sufficient? Your assistance would be highly appreciated

Regards
David

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back