how reliable are built in calibrators?

Basia

I'm hoping to get the Eizo Color Edge CG 277. Does anyone use it? Is the built in calibrator really reliable? If not, what would you recommend?

I use an Eizo CG245W with the built colorimeter. The colorimeter when used with Eizo's proprietary Color Navigator software is as/if not more accurate as any other solution available. An added plus is the ability to schedule calibrations for times when you are not using the monitor. Well worth the $$$$!
Regards,
Todd

Eizo CG series are known for being uniform, so as long as all areas of the screen have similar values as the area under the built-in colorimeter then you should be good to go! The CG series built-in-sensor is for “self-calibration”, where as the lesser CX/CS models are for “self correction”, which are two different things.

(disclosure, I work for an Eizo reseller)

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back