these colours on the Versant 80 Pantone to CMYK issues.

TLPSfremantle

Hi All,

so a client of ours has this file as part of their branding, they've only provided the colour in Pantones (158U) so my questions are, how is it that both oranges show as 158U, there's no transparency etc on either? and How would it be best to print these on the Digital Press? I can match the one shade, but should i just eye drop the jpg file to get the other?

Cheers in advance.

Attachments

• photo6095.jpg
    photo6095.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 168
I would imagine the lighter parts are a tint. If you look at separations and remove 158U the whole thing disappears? This is 158U with a 50% tint in the middle.

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 8.53.58 AM.png.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 8.53.58 AM.png.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 8.53.58 AM.png.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 189
The best way to print it on a digital press is with the The PANTONE[SUP]®[/SUP] COLOR BRIDGE™ guide in your hand, so you can open it to the page that has that color - as it will then display each PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM Color ( such as 158 U ) and its corresponding simulation in CMYK ( which is c0, m50, y84, k0 ) which ( of course ) is somewhat different looking.

If they get all up in your grill about it not matching, keep pointing at that Pantone book and explain that this is a color that really can't be simulated using CMYK inks.

if you wanna dive deeper and get your hands all full of DeltaE, read this thread;

https://printplanet.com/forum/prepress-and-workflow/color-management/5292-spot-color-delta-e

I suggest you don't use PANTONE® COLOR BRIDGE™ guide since they don't tell you which method or standard is used to obtain such CMYK values!
I rather use the PANTONE Color Manager software which (at least) allows you to choose an ICC profile target. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back