Printing Pantone TCX custom swatches

raj9469

Hello Friends,
I want to create custom Pantone TCX book for a project and i am trying to print with CMYK values. I have created a A4 size booklet consisting 52 pages with 2000+ TCX swatches, I have CMYK values for all swatches.
Now all the circus begins, I have to give CMYK values to my Graphic Rectangle boxes by manually one by one. I am wondering is there any automated way to give these CMYK values like Data Merge (indesign) or Print Merge (Corel Draw)?
Anyone know how to do this, can anyone help?

Hello Friends,
I want to create custom Pantone TCX book for a project and i am trying to print with CMYK values. I have created a A4 size booklet consisting 52 pages with 2000+ TCX swatches, I have CMYK values for all swatches.
Now all the circus begins, I have to give CMYK values to my Graphic Rectangle boxes by manually one by one. I am wondering is there any automated way to give these CMYK values like Data Merge (indesign) or Print Merge (Corel Draw)?
Anyone know how to do this, can anyone help?

What exactly are you trying to achieve? I ask because the path you've taken may not be useful.

We are doing heat transfer printing, which we print on paper first then transfer it to garments by heat press. This includes CMYK litho printing and coating a adhesive on the design by silk screen printing. Some designs will be having more than 12 - 14 spot colors all those colors are impossible to print.

So I am trying to print these swatches by our calibrated Heidelberg SM74 with acceptable tolerance of color shades and present it to our customers/Buyers, So they can decide the colors of their designs before we go for sample or direct bulk production. They would have an Idea what color we can give them and I want to make them understand our tolerance of color shades we can achieve.

We are doing heat transfer printing, which we print on paper first then transfer it to garments by heat press. This includes CMYK litho printing and coating a adhesive on the design by silk screen printing. Some designs will be having more than 12 - 14 spot colors all those colors are impossible to print.

So I am trying to print these swatches by our calibrated Heidelberg SM74 with acceptable tolerance of color shades and present it to our customers/Buyers, So they can decide the colors of their designs before we go for sample or direct bulk production. They would have an Idea what color we can give them and I want to make them understand our tolerance of color shades we can achieve.

OK, if I understand you correctly, you need a CMYK color atlas that shows different combinations of CMYK screen tints. That's very easy to set up in inDesign or Corel Draw (attached is an example and here's a link to the concept: http://the-print-guide.blogspot.ca/2009/07/color-atlas-helping-designers-to.html ). Then your customer/buyers would simply find the closest CMYK screen tint combination in your CMYK swatchbook that is closest to their target color (which could be a Pantone TCX color or anything else).

I can provide a clearer scan if you need one to see how it's set up.

Color atlas.jpg

OK, if I understand you correctly, you need a CMYK color atlas that shows different combinations of CMYK screen tints. That's very easy to set up in inDesign or Corel Draw (attached is an example and here's a link to the concept: http://the-print-guide.blogspot.ca/2009/07/color-atlas-helping-designers-to.html ). Then your customer/buyers would simply find the closest CMYK screen tint combination in your CMYK swatchbook that is closest to their target color (which could be a Pantone TCX color or anything else).

I can provide a clearer scan if you need one to see how it's set up.

Dear Gorodo

Yes this is what i am looking for, Please tell me how can i do this. . .

Try the attachments in this topic for ideas:

https://printplanet.com/forum/prepre...334#post198334

The most common method is to use cyan and magenta for the X/Y horizontal/vertical rows/columns. Such as 5% or 10% incremental steps. Then each chart uses a different amount of fixed yellow. Black can also be added in as well. It is instructive to view these composite charts as progressive separations so that you can see how the tints build up.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back