How do you pronounce GRACoL?

I think the first time I heard someone say Snap, GRACoL and SWOP was either George Leyda (3M ) or Larry Warter ( Fuji ) - and most likely, that was in the 1980s - perhaps at a DDAP or CGATS meeting. Yeah, I am THAT OLD

Ach, i knew that, Germans do have a sense of humour, I have an official document saying so.

...and FOGRA rules!

I had this conversation with one of your country men who works for a well known color management company based in Germany. I was commenting on how I appreciate Fogra and the (with fear of sounding prejudice) German attitude that everything needs to be precise like baking. A cup of flour is a cup of flour, I often get frustrated because in the States we cook. A dash of this and a pinch of that which makes it difficult when dealing with standards and repeating results. He agreed but than pointed out that with the Fogra mindset the problem becomes when things don't go exactly by the book. When the recipe calls for a cup of bread flour and you only have general purpose flour so you have to close the whole shop till the right flour gets ordered tomorrow.

It was an interesting alternative view, but in general yes I agree Fogra is more organized; the work that went into PSO/PSD is excellent with no real equivalent on this side of the world.

I had this conversation with one of your country men who works for a well known color management company based in Germany. I was commenting on how I appreciate Fogra and the (with fear of sounding prejudice) German attitude that everything needs to be precise like baking. A cup of flour is a cup of flour, I often get frustrated because in the States we cook. A dash of this and a pinch of that which makes it difficult when dealing with standards and repeating results. He agreed but than pointed out that with the Fogra mindset the problem becomes when things don't go exactly by the book. When the recipe calls for a cup of bread flour and you only have general purpose flour so you have to close the whole shop till the right flour gets ordered tomorrow.

It was an interesting alternative view, but in general yes I agree Fogra is more organized; the work that went into PSO/PSD is excellent with no real equivalent on this side of the world.

Oh how true a statement that is. I am now on the lovely island of Malta and in a fit of "get up and go" I talked about getting one or two of the bigger printers here FOGRA certified...

Ha hahahahaha haaaaa!!

"But we have FOGRA certified, Fogra 39 to be exact!" At that point my get up and go got up and went.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back