Following ISO 12647-4 norm for rotogravure standardization?

Aronnax

Hi everyone,

I am working on a rotogravure process, on a standardization project, following ISO 12647-4 norm.
The press on which I am working is a Rotomec MW60; my paper is a lwc, so I have selected the corresponding profile on ECI website (PSR LWC_V2).
However, in the specifications that are given in the 12647-4 norm, the ranges of engraving pitches are approximately of 60-70 lines/cm, meanwhile I need to use higher ranges (around 140 lines/cm, for a high resolution on the printed document).
Is it a problem to follow the norm, and respect the specified Lab values?
Or can we follow the norm and the LAB without the same ranges of engraving pitches?
As I have observed that the lowest was the range of engraving pitch, the lowest was the density of deposed ink, I think it will be complex, but I am not completely sure.

Thank you for your answers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back