Most affordable way to have certified proofs

ronnie12

Hello everyone,

I'm about to start a collaboration with a client that will require certified proofs.
I could use a third party vendor for that but on the long run it would become too expensive, therefore I'm willing to invest in a printer such as an Epson P7000 with the spectrophotometer and a simple RIP that will be able to verify the proof and certify them as passed/failed.
I am familiar with GMG but I'm looking for a much simpler - and less expensive - option.
What would you suggest?

Is there a contract or guarantee for a set period for the proofing/work? If not and if this suddenly went sour, would you have other uses for the proofing setup?

You have a rough budget for the hardware and possibly for software… (depending on the solution, you may also need to factor in the low cost of a thermal label printer and the higher cost of the labels).

However what about cost per proof – not to mention sale price per proof?

This will also be needed to be factored into the ROI.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back