7-Color ICC Profile Creation

Brad38CMU

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a solution for creating an accurate 7-color ICC profile utilizing IT8 charts as the input. I currently have i1Profiler but need to generate a custom 7/c overprint chart in order to create the ICC. Any suggestions?

I've put plenty of time into Google up to this point and there really isn't much out there for solutions from what I can find.

Question - is your intent to use the profile for images or to simulate spot colors? Or both?

Hi, i've used callas pdfToolbox which include HP Indigo 7C profile; created with ColorLogic ZePrA
ColorLogic ZePrA does have extensive functionality for this purpose

Cheers

Which begs an answer to a question I have had for a while. What software is used to create input ICC profiles?

i1Profiler can make profiles for up to 8 separations

My intent is to supply this ICC profile to other prepress shops to use as the target for creating proofing profiles.

You will likely find that this breaks the End User License Agreement in 99.9% of commercial profiling packages without getting written clearance and or paying extra for a special use case license.

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• setup.png
    setup.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 260

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back