ICC CMYK printer profile with greyscale using K only

Czes

Hello, everyone.
We use an Epson based printer and Eco-solvent dye ink for special printing and can't find a way to generate an ICC CMYK profile with grayscale using black ink only, without CMY.
i!Profiler have no curve adjustment. Profile Maker's Profile Editor give bad results when removing CMY curves in greyscale.
We have a few RIP's but not any of those have the possibilty to do that.
Any help will be appreciated.

I have WhiteRIP and PhotoPrint. Both support ICC CMYK and Grayscale profiles but those profiles are generated using external profiling software i.ex. i1Profiler which have no option to generate Grayscale with K only and have no curve editing. Tryed X-Rite Prolile Maker Profile Editor. Has curve editing of grayscale but after removing to zero CMY, the K curve is impossible to edit properly.

You don't have a canned / pre-made grayscale profile that comes installed with the RIP? Really no need to profile for K only, tonality is the only thing controllable. I don't know either of those RIPs but what you need to do is turn off RGB/CMYK workflow and only have grayscale on to force the file to print using K.

I know that we can print with greyscale only, then coloros. But this is slowing alleredy slow printing process with 2880 DPI. The density of black ink we are using is good and acceptable for this purpouse. Unfortunattellly WhiteRip have no possibility to print without ICC profiling.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back